Scariest Movie you have ever seen?

by Layla33 76 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

"4) "Session 9" (this is my favorite scary movie of all time. I hate David Caruso with a passion, but he actually worked in this movie. This film was as much about set and location and atmosphere as it was about story. Anyone into urban exploration of creepy abandoned sites will get off on this movie. It was filmed at the long-abandoned Danvers Asylum in Mass., which has since been demolished.)"

I worked at this hospital in the kitchen when I was 19. Many of the scenes were from the kitchen area. Working there was creepier than the movie.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

I worked at this hospital in the kitchen when I was 19. Many of the scenes were from the kitchen area. Working there was creepier than the movie.

Really?? I became obsessed with that place after seeing this film, if you are willing to share any of your experiences there I would be fascinated to hear them. I'm on my way out for the day but it would be so cool to return to a post about this if you're willing to share. Also, do you still live in the area? It was my understanding that a lot of people vigorously protested the demolition of the complex, even though it had deteriorated so badly over time. Was the community generally sad or glad to see it gone?
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Drag me to Hell" ...was scary, raised my heartbeat. I watch 4 scary movies a week and nothing impresses me, but Sam Raimi did an awesome job! I now have a fear of little old ladies!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Psycho

A classic

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Psycho

Silence of the Lambs

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Session 9. Yes, I like that movie too. It wasn't scary to me, but I enjoyed the story.

The last time I was really scared by anything, it was the video game Silent Hill 2. It has some of the best music and sound effects, imo. It isn't about gore or shooting enemies so much as the otherworldly atmosphere of the town and its decrepit buildings and streets. And it actually has a good story! I've played it through many times, but it doesn't affect me like it did that first time. None of the sequels ever quite matched it either.

However, I agree with Terry's comment above. I no longer believe in the supernatural, so I just don't find horror movies and games scary like I used to.

• DJK
    DJK

Nameless, I sent you a pm about Danvers State Hospital.

I forgot to mention a piece of irony from my employment there. There was a resident named Raymond. He, his father, mother and brother attended my KH. It had been 2 years since I was at the KH (at the time) so I had to ask my father if he knew why Raymond would be there. He was commited there after he set fire to the family home, a trailer, while his mother was still in it. His family and mine camped together many times. He was 2 years younger than me and one of the few friends I had when I left the org. I would never have imagined this from him. Possible proof of "You never know what goes on behind closed doors".

The irony is how he died when he was 30.

http://elliottchambersfire.org/victime.html

• DJK
    DJK

Agreeing with Terry, you do get used to scariness as you age. It's now predictable in a scary movie. The last movie scene that made me jump was in Jaws, when Richard Dryfus was under water looking through a hole in the bottom of a boat. lol

I also agree with primatedave. Sound effects do play a role, a major role, IMO. Forbidden Planet was really scary for the sound effects, IE when the footprints started to appear and then continued up the ladder.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve read the entire thread..

Movies don`t bother me..Certainly not the ones mentioned here..

The only movie that has ever creeped me out was "Hostel"..

If your looking for an absolute Mind F*ck....Rent "Hostel" for the evening..

................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Pet Cemetary was pretty messed up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit