I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I see that you imagine a dichotomy, and I understand why.

However, just because I refuse to say there is a god does not discount the possiblity that there may be.

And if there is, I am sure he would be more pleased with my integrity to myself, than those who insist that he is real, and still can't get along because they squabble about minutia.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Jeffro,

You worship an interesting god -- one who moves you to sit on the sidelines and label good discussion as "squabbling" and 'bickering.'

A god who moves you to say in one post that the true God is "imaginary" and to contradict yourself in another post by claiming you never said any such thing at all.

A god who prompts you to claim you want "peace" when you with no good reason go on the attack with words like "smarmy" and "stupid."

A god who instigates you to liken the participants in the discussion to "small children" arguing over "imaginary friends."

A god who inspires you to brag about your supposed "integrity" and to denigrate the character of others.

A god who doesn't give you enough good sense to realize your comments are a rude intrusion and belong in another thread.

Of course, you won't take the hint. You're going to come back (as a man of "peace") with more comments of the same stripe just to show that your supposed "integrity" and other superior qualities deserve to be noticed. Don't blame us if you're ignored for not sticking with the program.

fjtoth

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

fjtoth, I never said I worship any god.

If there is a god at all, then it either is or is nota trinity, and the other is therefore imaginary, and I never claimed not to say any such thing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Don't blame us if you're ignored for not sticking with the program.'
    <br><br>Ooooh. Frank is an 'us'. You have learned well from charlie russel.

S

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

LOL. Yes, it was funny that the 'us' who was threatening to ignore me was the only person who had actually (and repeatedly) responded.

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

I don't claim to have all the answers for this discussion, but I would like to add a few thoughts.

1.) Is Jesus eternally existing? (In the beginning the word was-John 1:1. Isaiah 9:6-9(Eternal Father).

2.) Is the son of someone the same person? No. I can not presume to say that God has DNA. But let's suppose that in a human someone has an offspring and uses only their own DNA. In on other words, it is what they are. You may call them a clone or whatever you would like to call the person.

At first they would be different but as the one matured they would become more alike. If I believed Jesus had a beginning of his existence I would think this to be how it went. However, since I believe he has existed eternally as the Word of God and that God has never had a time when he had no Word, no expression of his thought. Therefore I picture Jesus being the exact representation of his Father's being, having the same nature as the Father, and aside from the Holy Spirit (Which I have not researched enough to discuss), is the only person existing as "God". As all humans exist as "Man". I think that tends towards tri-theism slightly or bi-theism but I can't help put together what I think the scriptures say. I thought about that plant that was mentioned earlier, however. Each tree would have the same DNA but share one common source of life. If that can exist in a plant why not in God?

I think there are two things going on, one is a push towards tri-theism that denies the oneness in the operation of God and fails to account for some scriptures. The other is a push towards "oneness" in that some people try to prove that Jesus is the Father using some oneness scriptures and denying the scriptures that prove they are separate people. I personally feel that the trinity is the position that accounts for both types of scriptures. I don't run around saying God died on the Cross but I also wouldn't deny that Jesus truly has the nature of God and is to be worshipped.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Concerning john 1:1 and the nature of things, take water, for instance. Water has a certain nature. Take a gallon jug of water. Pour some of it into a liter (quart) bottle. Is the nature of the water in the bottle the same or different than in the jug? 'Course, i don't know nothing, so, john1:1, the nature of the word, the nature of god, and the nature of water will need to speak for themselves.

S

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

My own belief is that Jesus is Jehovah, but that Jehovah is the SON, not the FATHER. When MAN fell, the FATHER no longer could communicate with MAN directly. He needed a mediator. Yahweh was that mediator, and in morality He was known as Joshua/Jesus. This is why their titles were the same. At the end of the Millennium, Yahweh will return the earth to the Father redeemed and glorified.

And thus His role will be complete. Remember that Jesus overlooked Jerusalem and lamented over it, saying, "How oft would I have gathered thee under my wings as a hen gathereth its chicks, and ye would not."

How could he have said this if he were not Jehovah?

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

check out the WT word for word translation of john 1 verse 1 in their kingdom interlinear publication of the text they used for their NWT

• smiddy
    smiddy

This post by Witness 007 is 9 years old ,I wonder if he still thinks the same way today.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit