"We NEVER PROPHESIED about 1975"

by Honesty 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I think a better argument to a JW is showing them the WT and KM where the end is implied. You can also say that under their logic Jehovah had no right to punish anyone in the bible whose guilt was implied. I can't think of an example offhand but I am 100% sure there are quite a few examples. BT

Honesty>>>>>> Hammers on mouse as he scans the 2007 Watchtower Library on CD searching for "implied" Gives up and tackles another bowl of unsalted popcorn and a Diet Coke.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Haha well I should probably clarify as an example of someone who did something with good intentions but was still punished.

• Mary
    Mary

Brother Charles Sinutko is alive and living well (in a trailer park) at the following address which is posted in the Desert Hot Springs, CA telephone book:

69556 MIDPARK DR

DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA 92241

(760) 329-8635

Hmmmmm.............I do believe I'm in the mood for some Telephone Witnessing in the near future......

By the way, does anyone know if there's an audio of Freddie Franz giving that talk in '76 where he pointed his finger at the audience and said that the reason Armageddon didn't come is because WE were expecting it?

It would be really good if we could play this right after the first audio by Brother Sinutko and let some Dubs listen to it.....

• Honesty
    Honesty

Be careful.

From what I understand, Moshe was on the receiving end of a telephone slamming in his ear when he called Brother Sinutko.

• Moxie
    Moxie

I actually just read an amazing article today on this very topic. Found here at: http://www.jwfiles.com/1925-1975.htm

The article shows documented proof that both in 1925 and 1975 the Watchtower Society clearly prophesied falsly about the coming of Armageddon, like the ones below written in 1966 and 1967:

"'What about the year 1975? What is it going to mean, dear friends?' asked Brother Franz. 'Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, by 1975? It could! It could! All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by 1975? It could. Watchtower 10/15/66 pg.631"

"According to the Bible timetable, man's history on earth has been nearly 6,000 years. Adam was created in 4026 B.C.E., which means that six thousand years of human history end about the fall of 1975 C.E. We are in the great 7,000-year rest day of God, starting at the time he rested after the creation of Adam and Eve. There are, therefore, a thousand years left to run. Without Satan and his demons to disturb mankind it will indeed be a restful time. It will be like a sabbath. Watchtower 7/15/67 pg.446-7"

The most telling except taken from the KM in May of 74:

"Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end.—1 John 2:17Kingdom Ministry May 1974 pg.3"

The crazy thing is that immediately after their own prophecies failed they turned the blame directly onto the followers saying that they were rash and read too much into things.

Crazy is as crazy does...

"Moxie"

• crazyblondeb
  • Solace1998
    Solace1998

umm, how can we prove this was actually given?

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

""Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end.—1 John 2:17
    Kingdom Ministry May 1974 pg.3""

I want a scan of this article, please. And other references to prove its existance.

however, it wont be the best proof, as this advice is even given today - to sell your house, live simpler, etc...

short time...

etc...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow... marked.

Thank you Honesty... and the creator of the video.

• beksbks
    beksbks

My gosh, I have chills down my spine. It's disgusting when he speaks about flesh eating diseases and destruction, unbelievers seeing that witnesses are untouched, asking to get in now, but it's too late. He says that line but its too late with something hideous in his tone. Yuck I need to go wash my hands now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit