"We NEVER PROPHESIED about 1975"

by Honesty 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hooray, Leolaia's BACK!!!

And THANKS for that stunning doomsday collage!!!!

Love,
    Baba

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I remember these stories too. All the torture and the rapes and the imprisonments and horrible persecution. It was always happening in Afica but they almost assured us that it would be coming to the US soon and if we wanted to make it through Armageddon we would have to endure all this . Is this not mental and psychological abuse for children sitting there listening to this? I can assure that it was.

I just read the chapter in COC last night about Malawi vs Mexico. Disgusting! Maybe the GB are prejudiced against Africans. They didn't seem to care that they were being cruelly tortured in Malawi while the Mexicans were doing whatever they wanted. They sure used those African stories to instill fear in all of us. Boy, they held all the power and we just sat there. Of course, I was a child. I am not going to take responsibility for that. What were my parents thinking?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Hi Leolaia...glad to see ya...

With all those article clippings its hard to refute 1975...if they are in their right mind...

hope4others

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

WTF WERE THEY THINKING? HOW MANY KIDS HAVE GROWN UP WITH THIS KIND OF S*&T IN THEIR HEADS?

I was one who grew up with this, too. We would read from the Yearbook for about 10 minutes every morning. The Malawi stories and another year was the Nazi stories.

Even today, my mind goes to the traumatic side of life. It's in my dreams. It haunts my thoughts. I wish I could change those thoughts to fun fantasies and imagery. But it doesn't. I'm convinced that it's WT mental conditioning.

-Aude.

• watson
    watson

Welcome back!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Oh, yeah, we used to read from the Yearbook every morning too! I had forgotten all about that. That must have been something they were telling all the parents to do with their kids. Ugh! Child abuse!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks! I actually made the collage last year. I also made one for 1925, which is actually based on the much larger collage that William Van Amburgh (secretary-treasurer of the WTB&TS) made for his own self-promotion in the run-up to 1925; that's what gave me the idea. :)

I'm not officially "back" yet as my book is not done. But yesterday I finished a major peer-reviewed article (non-JW related) and mailed off the revisions to the publisher....so I am taking a break today. :) But tomorrow it's back to the book.

• catbert
    catbert

Cool thread.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Was the OP YouTube video pulled by the WT?

Excellent thread nonetheless...

• scary21
    scary21

Try going to you tube yourself and doing a serch. I think I found it that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit