by Honesty 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Dinah LMAO - I wanna make love to you!

That's how right you are!

• blondie
  • sacolton
    sacolton

The Watchtower calls itself a prophet ...

April 1, 1972 ... only 3 years before the big "Stay Alive 'Til 75!" campaign:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_dTSEBZ7tOe0/R6xhcBdCbuI/AAAAAAAAAKE/o3VVaXrUGis/s1600-h/WT197204012p197a.jpg

Check these out:

• 1958: "Many are the people alive since 1914 who will still be living when it is time for Armageddon to begin" ("From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained," 1958, p.205);
    • 1967: Of "the generation ... who saw with understanding the developing sign of the `last days' from their start in 1914," that is "the adult generation of that time," "The end of this wicked system ... will come before all members of that generation pass away." And since "the youngest" of that generation " was then "well over sixty years of age," "The time left" was "very short" ("Did Man Get Here by Evolution or by Creation?," 1967, pp.171-172);
    • 1968: Those "people still living who were alive in 1914 and saw what was happening then and who were old enough that they still remember those events," not "many" but only "Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system" ("The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life," 1968, p.95);
    • 1968: Of "those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when the `last days' began" in 1914, i..e. "15 years of age," to "be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914," again not "many" but only "some of those persons ... would still be alive when God brought this system to its end," but they were "approaching old age" and so "the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many." ("What will the 1970's Bring?," Awake!, October 8, 1968, p.13-14);
    • 1982: Of "the generation of people who were living in 1914 " still only "some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system," but now "Those persons yet remaining of that generation are now very old," and so "Shortly now there will be a sudden end to all wickedness and wicked people at Armageddon" ("You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth," 1982, p.154);
    • 1989: "Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene ...the present wicked world will end ...: "The present wicked system of things ... entered its last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive then will also be on hand to witness its complete end ..."; "The `generation' that was alive ... in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short. " ("Reasoning from the Scriptures," 1989, pp.97, 234, 239).
  • Tatiana
    Tatiana

The link to this amazing video is now in my sig on a JW-apologist site.

• Free
    Free

In Charles Sinutko coments, He should of just said that he wasn't good enough to stay a singer. If he was good enough, his songs should of stood the test of time regardless of when he stopped living or when he started to be brainwashed..

(Example) Cat Stephens.

I remember a C.O. or D.O. I would say his name but if you knew him , legend has it ( or should I say from his own mouth ) that he had played with the Marshall Tucker Band.

Which is total bullshit, Only to talk shit about them , Saying how they all ended up dead or living with their parants in their 50's. ( Judging )

I believe he was either from their home town or hung out where they played. He used the reasoning that there will always be someone better then you so why waste your time pursuing, I could not believe my ears, So don't go to college and don't enhance you natural abilitys so you can go out in service, not make a living and end up living with your parents in your 50's. ( I added the last part ) lol. He should of left that incredible band out of his talk and just said he wasn't good enough.

As far as them not preaching about 1975. Everybody knows it is true they did. I had an anointed one tell me that it was in print because there was someone corrupt in the writing department. ( Lie ). Fred Franz approved that teaching and that is a fact. ( Forgive any spelling errors ) Free

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was fully involved as a teenager in the mid-70s and can confirm that everyone was talking about 1975.

In fact my father got a vanity license plate with the numbers "1975" sometime in the late 1960s. People would judge your spirituality based upon whether or not you believed in 1975. Many, but not all, witness kids at the time quit school to pioneer. I personally knew of people who sold their homes and pioneered and arranged their finances to end in the fall of 1975.

The zeal of the r&f during the late 60s and early 70s was at an all time high. It was an exciting time. We were the chosen people and had only months till god transports us into the new order.

Would have worked out if only god held up his end of the bargin.

• StAnn
    StAnn

NY44M - Don't drag God into this! He has nothing to do with WTBTS!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I asked a JW why would God lie to them about 1975.

His answer "We NEVER PROPHESIED about 1975" so I dug out the clip from Sinutko.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Don't drag God into this! He has nothing to do with WTBTS!

I figured that out. May be a little too late in my life, but at least I now know that the watchtower real estate development cult has nothing to do with god.

Unfortunataly, I am so angry about my wasted life in the cult that I no longer can stomache anything about any religion, or even god.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I think a better argument to a JW is showing them the WT and KM where the end is implied. You can also say that under their logic Jehovah had no right to punish anyone in the bible whose guilt was implied. I can't think of an example offhand but I am 100% sure there are quite a few examples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit