"We NEVER PROPHESIED about 1975"

by Honesty 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• catbert
    catbert

I was a young teenager who would never get a drivers license, never go to high school,
    never kiss a girl...

I finished high school and I drive now.

In all seriousness, the imagery of what would happen at Armagedon was scary.

But most scary was all the talks about the torture I would undergo to test my faith.
    A CO described the human bodies defense mechanism of going into shock when it could take no
    more pain. He even described tortures that may be used and the tortures that were being used
    on JW's in Africa, Malawi. Spokes from bicycle wheels jammed into the calves of men who were then made
    to walk in pain. From the stage these things were described. Rape and torture spoken of from the stage.
    I was not looking forward to this at all!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Yes...It was truely MEAT IN DUE SEASON...BALONEY!

-BONEZZ

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think the boys in Brooklyn were the ones that thought they could conquer the world and control it.

Power in certain men's hands can be very dangerous can it not, remember these sick bastards have killed many people some even innocent children.

Good for them that have lawyers always beside them to watch over their pasty asses.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    umm, have these attendees made a website regarding the proof of this?!?! Was there some sort of media coverage at the time? something in a handbill?!?! You are gonna need better proof than this -- trust me

There are tons of proof but the thing is most apologist and WT idolater will not accept it even if it is 100% accurate. I confronted my dad about an Awake, oct.8 1968 that clearly said that 1975 was going to be the beginning of the end. My dad has the original, I made him read it to me and all he said was "so?" I said "well they lied", his reply? "I'm glad they lied I am still going to follow them because there is no other place to go"

• amicus
    amicus
    But most scary was all the talks about the torture I would undergo to test my faith

How about the line used during the early 70's to discourage the "faithful" from dating worldly people, "Just remember everytime you see a worldly woman you are attracted to, replace her face with a skull, because soon that's all she'll be".

Sicko's. It took years to clear that crap from my head.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl
    Catbert - But most scary was all the talks about the torture I would undergo to test my faith.
    A CO described the human bodies defense mechanism of going into shock when it could take no
    more pain. He even described tortures that may be used and the tortures that were being used
    on JW's in Africa, Malawi. Spokes from bicycle wheels jammed into the calves of men who were then made
    to walk in pain. From the stage these things were described. Rape and torture spoken of from the stage.
    I was not looking forward to this at all!

I am sitting here crying. I thought I was the only one who heard this. I would have been - 4 or 5 years old. For years I would think about the men and be terrified. I actually had tricked myself into believing that maybe I had made that up because I was so young. Thank you for validating that memory.

WTF WERE THEY THINKING? HOW MANY KIDS HAVE GROWN UP WITH THIS KIND OF S*&T IN THEIR HEADS?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

And that was one of the parts of CofC that upset me the most...I remember our congregation doing the letter-writing campaign to the government in Malawi and to find out that it could have all been prevented? A VOTE? A FREAKING VOTE?

Ok. Seriously. I need to log off now and regroup. Wow. Talk about triggering.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Catbert's quote:
    "He even described tortures that may be used and the tortures that were being used on JW's in Africa, Malawi. Spokes from bicycle wheels jammed into the calves of men who were then made to walk in pain."

Oh great heavens, I can't believe you wrote this... I remember THIS EXACT TALE OF TORTURE. I have been scarred by it! I used to lie awake at night crying for our Brothers and Sisters in Malawai... and now know, decades later, that it was all for naught (even if it WAS the (T)ruth instead of death-dealing lies) ... that the Mexican Brothers were allowed to lie and go on with their lives unchanged... but the Malawai Brothers were not.

I can't begin to tell you what that did to me.

(edited to say... oh my gods, GeorgieGirl... looks like you and I are having the same reaction to this!!!! This has haunted me for DECADES!!!)

• Leolaia
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

(((((LEO))))) Great to hear from you !!! I hope everything is going well for you !

Say, you wouldn't happen to have any other WT references to 1975 being the likely date of the big A?

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit