What do you do when you exit and your wife stays in?

by Quirky1 66 Replies latest social relationships

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's a reference on my "prostitute" comment. The highlights are there from another thread, so
    don't think that's the only parts to read.

WT 11/15/52 p. 703

Questions From Readers

?

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

God’s law does not allow a marriage partner to dismiss his mate because his mate becomes disfellowshiped or apostatizes. Neither will the law of the land in most cases allow a divorce to be granted on such grounds. The faithful believer and the apostate or disfellowshiped mate must legally continue to live together and render proper marriage dues one to the other. A father may not legally dismiss his minor child from his household because of apostasy or disfellowshiping, and a minor child or children may not abandon their father or their mother just because he becomes unfaithful to God and his theocratic organization. The parent must by laws of God and of man fulfill his parental obligations to the child or children as long as they are dependent minors, and the child or children must render filial submission to the parent as long as legally underage or as long as being without parental consent to depart from the home. Of course, if the children are of age, then there can be a departing and breaking of family ties in a physical way, because the spiritual ties have already snapped.

If children are of age and continue to associate with a disfellowshiped parent because of receiving material support from him or her, then they must consider how far their spiritual interests are being endangered by continuing under this unequal arrangement, and whether they can arrange to support themselves, living apart from the fallen-away parent. Their continuing to receive material support should not make them compromise so as to ignore the disfellowshiped state of the parent. If, because of acting according to the disfellowship order of the company of God’s people, they become threatened with a withdrawal of the parental support, then they must be willing to take such consequences.

Satan’s influence through the disfellowshiped member of the family will be to cause the other member or members of the family who are in the truth to join the disfellowshiped member in his course or in his position toward God’s organization. To do this would be disastrous, and so the faithful family member must recognize and conform to the disfellowship order. How would or could this be done while living under the same roof or in personal, physical contact daily with the disfellowshiped? In this way: By refusing to have religious relationship with the disfellowshiped.

The marriage partner would render the marriage dues according to the law of the land and in due payment for all material benefits bestowed and accepted. But to have religious communion with the disfellowshiped person—no, there would be none of that! The faithful marriage partner would not discuss religion with the apostate or disfellowshiped and would not accompany that one to his (or her) place of religious association and participate in the meetings with that one. As Jesus said: "If he does not listen even to the congregation [which was obliged to disfellowship him], let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector [to Jehovah’s sanctified nation]." (Matt. 18:17, NW) Hurt to such one would not be authorized, but there would be no spiritual or religious fellowshiping.

The same rule would apply to those who are in the relation of parent and child or of child and parent. What natural obligation falls upon them according to man’s law and God’s law the faithful parent or the faithful child will comply with. But as for rendering more than that and having religious fellowship with such one in violation of the congregation’s disfellowship order—no, none of that for the faithful one! If the faithful suffers in some material or other way for the faithful adherence to theocratic law, then he must accept this as suffering for righteousness’ sake.

The purpose of observing the disfellowship order is to make the disfellowshiped one realize the error of his way and to shame him, if possible, so that he may be recovered, and also to safeguard your own salvation to life in the new world in vindication of God. (2 Thess. 3:14, 15; Titus 2:8) Because of being in close, indissoluble natural family ties and being of the same household under the one roof you may have to eat material food and live physically with that one at home, in which case 1 Corinthians 5:9-11 and 2 John 10 could not apply; but do not defeat the purpose of the congregation’s disfellowship order by eating spiritual or religious food with such one or receiving such one favorably in a religious way and bidding him farewell with a wish for his prosperity in his apostate course.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I was fortunate LUCKY - I was alone at the time, so I have no advice except to echo: Don't feel you have to play by their rules. Haven't you had enough of that already?

Welcome to the board.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Leaving this corrupt devious organization will uplift your character to new unfound levels thats a certainly , I would suggest making that known to your wife this is the very

reason for your walking away from it as your a brave and honest man.

Finally free stated -

In time she may come to realize that you are not a demonized apostate bastard from hell, but still a loving, caring person, a good husband and a good father.

It might be important to make your wife see that it would be in her own interests too, to leave this controlling cult by displaying all the of the known facts .

Religions like these are like stepping into some deep sloppy mud , its a struggle to lift yourself out but when you do , your thankfully free from it.

All the best in your endeavor !

• jambon1
    jambon1

Wecome mate! You will undoubtedly put your relationship under strain. After 2 years, things have only evened out for my wife & I recently. We have had some very rough times. Actually, I can't see any method of leaving which would avoid this. The fact is that your wife & indeed yourself will want to talk about your stand/views. Talking about the org to an active jw ALWAYS leads to heated exchanges in my opinion. So, it is best to eventually let things lie & say very little about it. After a long time, my wife has accepted my lifestyle & my views on the org. It has taken a long, long time though. Good luck with it. Best, J.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I do not want to divorce if I can keep from it. I would love for her to come to her senses about the WTS, but like everybody else there, she is blinded. As for the kid's are concerned they are young adults preparing for life W/O the WTS and are moving on. Another strike against Mom. She has the feeling she has lost everything and gained nothing. Tonight she came home and my son was here and he had both ears pierced, a tongue ring, and sporting a new Tat, my daughter done the same thing. Wow, her head really fell and she would barely talk. I too don't like the words of "just exist". It seems pointless to just come home and perorm a wifely duty or responsibility. Before the WTS we had loads of fun with family and freinds, especially during the holidays. I wish those days were back but hind sight is 20/20.

Quirky 1

• ninja
    ninja

celebrate.......I have 3 hours of bliss watching telly without kids shouting......woo hoo

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Hello and welcome to JWD. I was the wife in this situation 8 yrs ago. My husband was reproved for smoking and never went back.

Let me just point out the feelings I had, and that your wife may very well share.

It is hard to feel a deep emotional bond with someone you truly believe you will not spend forever with.

Unbelieving mates are looked down upon. The respect due to them as a father, mom, wife or husband, is gone. Some may try to be respectful, but you are likely spoken about negatively.

I also stayed "sticking it out" until Jehovah blessed me in the Paradise. What kind of a marriage is that?

I hated, and still hate, the world my husband lives in. It is foreign to me. Although I left the JW's, it is still that way. What do you have in common? Would you marry her if you just met her?

I agree to hold off on your letter. This week I had an elder tell me that I should have just stopped going to the KH, instead of sending a letter.

Good luck.

momz

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hey, Onthewayout, I liked the info you posted regarding the whole prostitution thing. It really makes one wonder. And to reply to another, I do not think my wife would marry me today. We have been together for 24 years, but only married for 5, due to the Jdubs influence. Our kid's didn't even know we weren't married all this time. We just lived together because she was drawing a military pension and didn't wanna give it up. About $15K/yr, tax free. What F'n idiots we were. What da hell were we thinkin'!

On the other hand I don't know if I would marry her again either. She has always been a control freak. When we first met I was much the party-er and pot head and smoked Camel's. After a year she tamed the partying and within a couple of years put an end to the maryjane, then the puffs. I then took up an occasional cigar, the good ones! She didn't like that either but let me indulge anyway.

She is the one who started this whole JW thing anyway. Her study lead to her parents and so on. Then 5 years later I was "brainwashed".

What a deal!

Quirky 1

• inkling
    inkling
    In time she may come to realize that you are not a demonized apostate bastard from hell, but still a loving, caring person, a good husband and a good father.

Yes, I believe the phrase is: "won without a word"

[inkling]

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Yes, I believe the phrase is: "won without a word"

I apply the scripture that way too now!

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit