What do you do when you exit and your wife stays in?

by Quirky1 66 Replies latest social relationships

• inkling
    inkling
    but my wife if still 95% JW-loyal.

Hey, isn't that down from 98% a few months ago? Woohoo! Come on shipwreck!

[inkling]

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I waited until she left too, leaving little seeds of doubt along the way.

Kwin

• garybuss
    garybuss

I never yet saw a bad deal I wanted to stick with. One ship that won't float is a partnership. Partnerships survive, not because of their agreements, but in spite of their differences. I kind of like to test things. There's nothing like a little religious strife to test a marriage. If it falls apart like a two dollar suitcase in the rain, good riddance.

I'm not gonna stay in a bad deal so I can stay in a bad deal. If I've got a good partner, something like me quitting an incredible group like the Witnesses won't put it in the dumpster. If I've got a bad partner, I don't want to invest any time or resources in a dead horse.

I'm not gonna be married to anybody who disrespects me . . . period! Life's too short.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I like your terminology in the matter!

Quirky1

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Then just FADE...and save the crap that's going to come out of this. You can work on the wife and DA later.

hope4others

• Honesty
    Honesty

We parted ways.

She tells my children that I am an evil apostate.

Son resists getting baptised because he is afraid of armageddon and feels that he will not 'measure up' to Jehovah's standards when it comes.

Daughter resists getting baptised because she knows it is all a load of BS but doesn't know where else she can go.

I feel bad for my children but I am glad that the wife and I parted ways.

Competition from a cult just ain't my idea of a healthy marriage.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thank you all for the advise.

I think I will just try to fade for now and just try to rekindle a relationship with my wife. I am also going to spend more time with my Non-JW family. I have been venting to them and have their full suport. They are wanting me to go to Chi town and spend time with them. If money allows I may just do so.

I did skp the two day assy. for the first time. I spent the time just thinking and re-evaluating things. A little soul searching so to speak.

Did you notice I changed my avitar? I am celebrating Easter for the frst time in 7 years.

The dog is eating the aster Bunny!

Quirky1

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The change that occurs in this situation is many times more than what a marriage can take. I was divorced last year as a direct result of the two of us no longer acting as a married couple.

She never forgave me for turning on the religion and that caused a break that was never repaired.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hi Quirky. Welcome to the board. You'll get tons of great advice (and some not so great).

I'm a bit tied up these days but if you have time review some of my older threads. I went through a situation very similar to yours.

Hang in there and always remember - you are not alone.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If you have a positive dialogue it shouldn't be too much of a problem - but as we know - WT machinery will hate such a dynamic and love to sever communications to you!

It would be nice if she could get in touch with her heart and actually act like a human being toward you but don't hold your breath.

Maybe thank your luck you are out and hope she doesn't let WT machinery disaffect any other family in ways to affect you!

I learned they have zero tolerance for exJWs who after all are satans own by their claims and deserve treating as such!

I have not a single happy memory of 20 years with my ex except an emotion I still preserve at the birth of our children!

They have her head completely and no natural affection remains in memory which I find surreal - an amazing weirdness to not be able to look back at some heartfelt joys from so long an aquantance!

They do take ownership of souls so completely as to induce feelings of detachment in humans living together!

WT doctrine is holistically subhuman!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit