Thinking of becoming a Witness again and my reasons for doing so :(

by reniaa 383 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think it is too soon to roll out the trollish accusation.

Trolls don't bother replying. They start more threads than they answer. And reniaa has continued to focus on the whole Witness affair as it affects her own life. Rather than, for instance, preaching what we should do with ours.

WE ALL KNOW people like reniaa. They are our former friends and alienated relatives still active with the society.

It's not often we get someone who still has affinity with the society to stick around as long as reniaa has with us. I say give her a chance. We don't have to convince her on this thread or even this week. Internet moves fast, people change slow.

Anyhow, in a couple weeks reniaa is going to be knee-deep in mommyhood stuff, so I doubt she will have time to respond as generously as she has these past few days.

• Sirona
    Sirona
    I think it is too soon to roll out the trollish accusation

You are probably right, Jgnat.

Perhaps she isn't a troll. I suspect she is just unbelievably annoying.

Sirona

• reniaa
    reniaa

Someone who is sincerely looking for advice does so with an open mind and is willing to consider all perspectives objectively. I get the impression she came with her mind already made up and is merely seeking validation.

W

Well I think I was very honest in my header, but having an open mind is one thing but you can't expect me not to explore and question on here, as well as justify why I made the statement of my thread header in the first place.

I'll be honest empty arguements like saying they are "borg / bad people" thats why you shouldn't be one have little weight with me. I think I've also been honest on which parts of JW teachings I had doubts over so I don't think your statement is quite that correct.

I have read all 12 pages and have considered all the valid and well thought out posts and ignored inflamatory ones that added little accept showing inate predjudice.

Reniaa

• Sirona
    Sirona
    inate predjudice.

LOL

erm....OK

Sirona

• reniaa
    reniaa

Trolls don't bother replying. They start more threads than they answer. And reniaa has continued to focus on the whole Witness affair as it affects her own life. Rather than, for instance, preaching what we should do with ours.

WE ALL KNOW people like reniaa. They are our former friends and alienated relatives still active with the society.

It's not often we get someone who still has affinity with the society to stick around as long as reniaa has with us. I say give her a chance. We don't have to convince her on this thread or even this week. Internet moves fast, people change slow.

Anyhow, in a couple weeks reniaa is going to be knee-deep in mommyhood stuff, so I doubt she will have time to respond as generously as she has these past few days.

Thank you jgnat,

Your right motherhood will be soon upon me and this is me having a lot of time to think and consider things while I wait, theres only so many baby clothes you can fold lol, Especially as everytime I go out the front door people treat me as an unexploded Bomb lol.

I also agree with you on the internet is fast and people change slow, 10 years on and I still think on God everyday,

• TD
    TD

Wow...I've read this whole thread.

I would never call you a troll, Reniaa, but I am scratching my head.

Partially in response to questions over the occurance of a global flood, you posted a picture of a fossil which clearly shows that predation has been going on for a very, very long time.

Well, JW's don't accept that either. They believe that the antediluvian ecology was completely vegetarian.

When it comes to the natrual world, thinking people in the JW faith at some point have to choose between what the JW religion teaches and what the evidence clearly shows.

Don't misunderstand. If you can walk that kind of mental tightrope, more power to you. I don't think I could.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Wow, I read all 12 pages too and I am pretty much where TD is. I don't think she is a troll, maybe just okay with hypocrisy? I am not sure...

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Jehovah wants you back, reniaa.

I know because the Bible Teach book tells me so.

I hope the two of you are very happy together.

Just remember, he'll give you no money.

He'll send you no flowers.

No weekends away.

He'll never make you dinner.

And forget about any tender loving.

But piss him off, and he'll pulverize you.

Best of success to you and Jehovah.

Well she has already admitted she has a problem picking the right people to hang around!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Whatever floats your boat. If you think it's the truth, then go back to it. Only you know.

I wish you all the best.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    A person has a right to believe in little green men on the moon if they want too without a partner in a position to use emotion and browbeating over long periods to change their minds.

I strongly disagree, and for two unrelated, but equally important reasons.

1. A person does not have a right to believe whatever they want. A person does not have the right to believe murder is acceptable. With religion, that is exactly what happens. A religious person can be misled to feel it is acceptable to kill others that do not share their beliefs. In the case of JWs, they are misguided to believe it is acceptable to die rather than take blood, or shun ones own family. These are dangerous and unacceptable beliefs that they do not have a right to hold on to.
    2. Being raised a JW, my beliefs were not my own. I was indoctrinated to believe something. So your claim I had a right to believe as a teenager that soon Jehvovah would kill everyone at my school, however I was never given the right to my own belief, it was forced without my concent upon me.

People should have interactive conversation with the intention of testing which beliefs are true and acceptable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit