Breastfeeding not allowed.

by The Scotsman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Good Grief! I breast fed all three of my children while at meetings and assemblies and never heard a word against it. We didn't have mother's rooms back then. Never exposed myself although I saw another sister who did. That was during the 60's and 70's. I would think they would be even more liberal now--but apparently not.

Bonnie

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Good Grief! I breast fed all three of my children while at meetings and assemblies and never heard a word against it. We didn't have mother's rooms back then. Never exposed myself although I saw another sister who did. That was during the 60's and 70's. I would think they would be even more liberal now--but apparently not.

Bonnie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hey, where is that incredibly divisive breastfeeding thread from a few years back? Was it taken offline because it go so out of hand?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If she's doing it anything like this picture, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on
    conducting that meeting in the boring Revelation Book (isn't that the one they are
    studying?).

Even this tame picture is a distraction:

If the same "sister" had a towel over her baby (or just a sheer cloth) then it's a total
    non-issue. (Remember that it is Dub-land before you tell me that you don't need to
    cover it up. That's true, but who wants everybody staring at something that is much
    more interesting than the subject at hand? ) It's her home.

Any breastfeeding ladies on JWD that might want a new lawsuit? Consider trying
    to feed at the local KH. Maybe you will get some trouble from the attendant and the
    elders. (Of course, the punishment is that they might let you sit through the whole
    meeting.)

This next one, I swear the background looks like a KH:

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, are you guys seeing a Google ad for Chinese girl dating services with pics?? I can't believe it!

• llbh
    llbh

This is so awful they are so stupid unkind and child intolerant

Regards

David

• yumbby
    yumbby

I"m so annoyed with the husband for allowing that remark to pass as well. I'd be kinda pissed at my husband if he let something like that stand. He wouldn't, maybe I'm spoiled.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Totally ridiculous. I would have had the meeting moved out of my house immediately, better yet it would have been the catalyst to wake up to this silly little collective "society" I belong. The nerve!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Mothers with breastfeeding experience?

Did it ever make you horny getting to breast feed in front of a male you fancied but wasn't your partner?

I always wondered that?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    They're lucky I'm not a dub. That happened in my house they'd be kicked out for good. Forcefully if necessary.

I like that

She is in her own house, I would not have the meeting, I would tell them to go somewhere else.

Out of my House Now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit