Breastfeeding not allowed.

by The Scotsman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

He (the 'elder') found it "awkward" because of the difficulty he must have had, trying to sit there distributing watchtower drivel with a boner in his high crotched dress pants. Man those pigs are sick.

Dismembered

• ninja
    ninja

reminds me when my wife got told to stop breastfeeding too by the study conductor..........it caused a scene as I was only halfway through feeding....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would recommend doing it more brazenly next time. If they move the book study, so be it. Hopefully, there will be no one willing to accept the book study, especially if a big scene is made in such a way that the lead hounder is going to look bad no matter what he does.

And, then once the book study is moved, stop attending. In fact, that would be a good time to start missing all the meetings and quitting field circus. All because the lead hounder would not tolerate breast feeding (which should be acceptable in society).

• wan2bme
    wan2bme

this has been going on for years; the elder's wives in Malden MO got together and approached my MIL and told her that my sitting in the back and breastfeeding my son (I was always covered) should be stopped because their 'young impressionable boys' were sitting back there. I told my MIL to tell them to mind their own business, and anyway, why were their young impressionable boys not sitting with them, and that I was not going to feed my son in the bathroom as I am sure they would not like to take a meal in their bathroom. My husband told her that if they are having such a problem, why didn't they come talk to him, since in their opinion, he was head of the house. But that has never been the nature of our relationship, we have always been partners, that why it has outlasted all their silliness, for 26 years.

• Scully
    Scully

So she can feed the baby DURING the meeting??

What a douchebag. Babies need to eat when they need to eat. I would tell him that he's stumbling the baby by denying it food when it's hungry. I would tell him that babies have been breastfeeding for at least 6000 years and that anyone who finds it awkward needs to readjust their thinking - Jehovah made breasts to feed babies and in "MY" house, "MY" baby will be fed when it's hungry.

I'm also incensed that the douchebag took it upon himself to chastise the sister himself, rather than discussing the matter with her husband. Someone needs to grow a pair and stop being a damn bully.

Since the Sister is obviously the one who would be serving coffee and tea after the book study, perhaps there needs to be a moratorium on the conductor's ability to enjoy food and beverage after the book study. NO COFFEE OR CAKE FOR YOU!!

One of my colleagues deals with people who are ignorant about breastfeeding this way: they seem to expect that babies will either hold to a schedule or be satisfied with minimal feedings before the milk comes in; they think that babies only need to eat every 4 hours. If my colleague sees one of these people who is refusing to allow mom to feed when the baby is hungry heading for the fridge or asking us to bring HIM something from the kitchen, she refuses. She says "If you're going to make your baby go hungry, then you should go hungry too."

• dinah
  • JK666
    JK666

AlyMC,

They are from the other side of the pond. They are referring to soccer, not American football.

JK

• DJK
    DJK
    because "someone" found it awkward.

Sorry, I'm not going to read every comment on this thread.

I just want to say, women have their dignity and they don't expose themselves while feeding a baby. They cover themselves and do their best not to make it uncomfortable for themselves and others. If your still offended, I say get your mind out of the gutter.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Dinah you do look a hottie!

Anyhow back to the subject! I agree that you should be more brazen next time and stand up for your rights!

Wop out both breasts and ask everyone which looks ready for draining first?

If any brothers get a pale complexion tell them to go drain in the mens room!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit