Breastfeeding not allowed.

by The Scotsman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Shocker at the group last week....

I was at the group last week (1st in about 4 weeks) and the conductor (the P.O.) takes a sister aside and tells her that she was not allowed to breastfeed her baby before or after the book study because "someone" found it awkward.

Hmm, I wonder if it was him that found it awkward.

Anyway the twist in the story is that the group meets at HER house. The sisters husband was far from happy but is to reserved to do anything about it. I told him that if anyone said that to my wife, the group would be out of my house immediately.

The P.O. actually said that if she did not comply that the group would need to move to another location. (GRRRR, RAGE)

It is a total disgrace this goes on.

Another control freak P.O.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    The P.O. actually said that if she did not comply that the group would need to move to another location. (GRRRR, RAGE)

Is that a punishment or reward?

But seriously, what a sexist, self conceited p****. That's what breasts are for, why did Jahobah make us that way if it's something to be ashamed of?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

OMG...I can tell you right now ..they WOULD be moving their silly little book study somewhere else..immediately.

How dare they tell her she can't feed her child in the most natural and beautiful way in her own home. jerks.

edited to say...further more. Shouldn't the PO have gone to the husband..since he IS the head of his home. stupid people

lisa

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Is he objecting to her going in another room to feed or in the room the study is being conducted? In our hall sisters have to perch on the toilet in a freezing unheated room.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Mickey Mouse

She would feed in her seat in the corner of the room the group was in but in a discreet way.

If this was said to my wife in my house I would have totally lost it.

Our P.O. is renowned for being a controlling man.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

How horrid, being told what she can do in her own house. Totally controlling. Mind you I loved the excuse to go into another room to breast feed my kids, didn't have to sit through a boring meeting or book study. I could never see what was wrong with sitting feeding kids in the hall though, if it's ok to do in a shopping center why not a Kingdom Hall.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Isn't breastfeeding encouraged by the Society? After all, Jehovah made that perfect food, right? I would have told him to find somewhere else to have bookstudy, effective immediately.

momz

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

How ridiculous! If she is covered why would anyone care? I remember native american bible studies I had with my wife from central america that would pull it right out and feed it to the kids. It was a bit of a shock at first, but then I thought, what is the big deal? Sometimes I think we are too sensitive about nudity. And when we see nudity, it is usually displayed only in a sexual way. I think this is very unhealthy!

Burn

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Trust the british to be too reserved to tell a guy where to stick it when he suggests certain behaviors is wrong in your own house.

She should make him a cup of tea and give him some milk ;-)

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

That is not a reserved husband.

That is a pusillanimous husband. (Pusillanimous is one of my favorite big words. It's one of the few words that means exactly what it sounds like.)

Tell them to find another study if they have to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit