Breastfeeding not allowed.

by The Scotsman 58 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson
    reminds me when my wife got told to stop breastfeeding too by the study conductor..........it caused a scene as I was only halfway through feeding....

Reminds me of a famous scene in a Jim Carey flick. Best thing to do? If "the council" bothers you, ask the brother to start looking for another book study location. If you can relate to another's discomfort, then when baby "calls" step into a nearby room and nurse where you can still listen and not miss a word of Revelation book review. (Bible study with the aid of the society's publications)

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I vote for equal rights!

If sisters can feed during studies surely men can feed sisters also?

Afterall we too get over filled with lifes food at the propor time and its full of nutrients!

Seems like an ideal grpoup situation don't you think!

I mean that's relaxed right there with the study conductor asking if anyone is free to close a prayer when all the guys are calling on god!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Since he has now embarrassed her that it is a problem she no doubt feels a quandary, so its either (A) let the study go which will make it difficult to go to another study and still find a

way to nurse. Or (B) just go to another room which in another case will give her time to realize how petty people are and the issues they make, nothing having to do with

the bible just plain old personal views.

Hope4Others

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I had that happen a few times, way back when my babies were little. I was shocked that the Elders treated me like I was a leper because I breastfed in front of them with a big blanket over the baby and my breast.

Once I was at a Elders house to have lunch with his wife. I was breastfeeding covered and he walked in. He was very angry and told me in no uncertain terms that it was disgusting to do such a thing and to go to the bathroom to do it. Another time 2 Elders came to visit me at my house as I hadn't been to a meeting for over a month. I had a new born baby. They sat and were encouraging me to make an effort to go to the meetings. the baby was crying and hungry so what could I do but pull a blanket over me and feed him. Or I could have walked out and left them sitting there staring at the wall. They looked shocked and disgusted and immediately got up and left. I was left feeling like I was a bad person.

• avishai
    avishai

They're lucky I'm not a dub. That happened in my house they'd be kicked out for good. Forcefully if necessary.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Witchtower mag actually had an article on breast feeding.

It said that it was good that a mother could discretely feed her little one, just by putting him under her cardigan. It was not even suggested that women should not feed their child sitting in an A$$embly.

I do think that it is a "bitty" much to whap out both mammaries in mixed company and let the kiddie slurp away. Of course breast feeding is natural. So is peeing. How would you feel if the elduh peed into a pot de chambre in the same room as you? Haven't you seen a penis before?

HB

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Well I think is what we have here is a case of the PO having not been breast fed himself as a child his mother told him he was not you know so now he is upset and feels deprived, along with that his wife may have been born with small breast when deep inside he wanted larger ones on his and still does it seems no fault on his dear wife side, and this in turn has fed his narsisistic views about breast feeding. He should seek counceling at his earliest convenience.

• yknot
    yknot

Not in all KHs

I breastfed (and extended nursed) my children while seated at the meetings. Dare not one person said anything to me.

Besides if we are now to keep our younguns' at home until mandated by law to school (of course next year they will push for homeschooling only) then wouldn't breastfeeding be encouraged so you could save money (donating that 1500+ to the WTS) and there is no spilled formula in the book bag.

That said shameless plug: for those with children and having to express, adiri baby bottles are most like the breast and grow with the child. I used them a few times I had be away and totally loved them.

• logic
    logic

The only good thing about a necktie , is that when an idiot wears one, you can use it to drag him out of the house easier. No body tells me what to do in my own house, except my wife of course.

I have never heard the society discourage breast feeding. It sounds like some morons own opinion, and the best thing to do with opinions is keep them to yourself.

f.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Honestly I LOVE to hear stuff like this because you KNOW that these people will let this fester and fester (as it should) and in a few more years there will be one more family out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit