Are you happy with the name you were given at birth?

by Outaservice 58 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

I like mine. Usually there is only one Loosie in the group. So people don't forget me. In school it was fun of. so many things rhyme with Loosie, loosie goosie, juicy loosie. hey loosie where's ricky.

I picked my husband by the fact that he was the only man who didn't a song with my name in it when he first met me. Ding ding ding give that man a prize.

• Casper
    Casper

Not at all...!! I was named after my Grandmother, the name seemed to fit her, but seems so old fashioned now.

Thankfully I don't have to hear it often. My Hubby calls me Baby, my girls call me Mom, and my grandkids call me Nana...

I have often thought of changing it... but, feel it would hurt my Mom's feelings.... so maybe someday..............

Cas

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not when I was a kid, I wanted to be named June. Now I like my name but because it's pretty unique I'm too easily found on google, not that I really mind...I guess

• anewme
    anewme

My friend had two maiden aunts named Gertrude and Garland.
    They were affectionately called Auntie Ger and Gar.
    They both lived to reach 100 years old.

• Maddie
    Maddie

My name is okay but I would love to have the name Rhiannon. It is a Welsh name and I think it is beautiful.

Maddie

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

NOPE

I want a really old fashioned feminine name. Gabrielle, Catherine, Elizabeth, Gwendolyn, Angelina...

or a hippie name like Saffron or Paisley.

What I got was Robin. Nickname in grade school was Batman. Nickname in Jr. High was Rockin' Robin.

• dinah
    dinah

Robin, I can see you as a Catherine. Catherine the sexy librarian. Don't turn your books in late or she'll spank you and make ya love it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I love my name because it's very unique.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I always liked my middle name better than my first name . My first name is so boring and plain ....hmmmm maybe I have come to fit it after all ??

My middle name is Colleen

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I like my name more now, I find it useful--when I've done business with people for a while they know me as _____ then I tell them what my real name is. . .they say I should use it.

They say, 'Wow, you should put Pioneer Spit...oh I mean Spirit on your business cards!!' JK LOL 'o'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit