Are you happy with the name you were given at birth?

by Outaservice 58 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Heather, you don't strike me as a Maxine. I love the name Heather, it very pretty.

Thank you. Cool about the two kitties named Maxine. It's not that I want to be named Maxine. I like it for the nickname Max. I wonder what having a more masculine name would have done to my personality. I am very feminine. I did love climbing trees and playing in the woods, softball, etc. But I also played with dolls and took ballet and tap for years. Heather is feminine and it suits me. I just hate that it became a fad name in the later 70's and 80's. I never met another Heather until I was an adult.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

James (the supplanter) Matthew (gift from god) Foster (variant of Forrester the woodsman)

Whats not to like?

I like my initials the best though. I like signing things "MF" lol

Sincerely,

MF

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

MF, you mother all the wayer. (Stolen from the dialogue on a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 8-track tape I used to own.)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

FHN..I guess that 'Heathers' are more often found over here...Perhaps it is is the Scottish influence of the "Bonny heather"and all..It is a nice name.

I have always said that a person should be named by their parents but when they get to be of age they ought to decide whether to ratify the name or chose another. Around here you can change it by a Legal Deed , but it is not often done...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - was not raised in truth - parents hate JWs -they gave me masculine names -not one that can also be a girls name. So I am very happy

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

NO! I hate my name. I always have to spell it. And more than once I have been told I am "the wrong color" for my name. I was named after an African American girl my mom used to babysit.

I always liked Savannah, from the movie Savannah Smiles.

momz

• R.F.
    R.F.

I was always happy with my name, Robert.

I think it's nice that dad and grandpa have the same name.

I'm sure glad I don't have dad's middle name though.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I was named after an African American girl my mom used to babysit.

Shaquanda? Or Lakisha?

J/K

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No, Chaunte'. I like Shaniqua.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Even though I'm 45 I think, with the right woman, I would be happy with a name to give at birth!

Sure would be unhappy if the baby was the wrong colour though!

Some names just don't look good on black folks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit