The Watchtower's Official Explanation of the Scand

by Kent 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lookin
    lookin

Thank you.

I just want the certain brothers in Bethel who hurt me so deeply to be accountable for what they have done not only to me but so many people...

I want Kent, Hawk whoever to help expose the ones who serve out of greed and hypocrisy instead of serving out of love and humility like I tried when I served in Bethel for so many wonderful yrs...

If your honest -you pay for it!

• siegswife
    siegswife

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...all anyone has to do is look at the content of the AWAKE magazine for the past several years (9 maybe?) and SEE that the WTS DEFINITELY UNDERSTOOD the requirements for being an NGO associated with the DPI of the UN. They may not have outright SUPPORTED the UN, but they definitely used this publication to disseminate information regarding the activities of the UN and its agencies in a positive light. And didn't they have to reapply for this position every year? One would think that any changes in requirements would be made known to applicants during the re-application process...

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

You got it siegswife!!!!!

HERE HERE!!! <Raising coffee in a toast to siegswife>..

Anyone looking for truth will be able to see that a mile away!!!!

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hey Lookin,

I asked this earlier in this thread.. Do you have a comment?

----------------
    Hi Lookin,
    If that is the case, and there is NO justification for being involved with the UN, why doesn't the WT come clean with it's R&F..

If they don't, aren't they propigating a lie to the R&F, and in that case, just as guilty as the brothers that associated in the first place???

After all, if what you say is true, and there is no defense for them associating in the first place, and the WTBTS doesn't come clean, aren't they practicing a sort of "Theocratic Warfare Strategy" on their very own followers?

- Wannahelp

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

hillary_step

Zev could use an apology for your attacks, and we all, including the WTS, could use an apology from you for your ignorance. They themselves have explained to you in literature why this sort of letter originates in Patterson.
    Frankly, I don't believe the WTS deserves any apology for all the corporate confusion! As far as I know, they haven't officially explained the new arrangement; only a brief explanation was made at an annual meeting! I believe they want it this way to make sure everyone is as confused about it as "lookin" has been! For the record, here in Hawaii, letters come from the "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses of Hawaii!" I suspect that they have separate "Christian Congregation" corporations for each branch office. Now how's that for confusion!

lookin

Were you in Brooklyn for 8 years or somewhere else? When were you there? Just a little curious, perhaps our paths crossed…

• anewperson
    anewperson

And I will say again the Nov 22, 1998 Awake! has an article warmly praising the UN's first human rights committee head Eleanor Roosevelt, sympathetic articles and interviews with UN staff including Kofi Anan for whom there's also a photo on page 5 etc.

Kent, Randy, others, where are you? Why don't you get and put that article on your websites or here too?

• one
    one

ALL Awake articles about UN should be displayed somewhere in chronological order

• lookin
    lookin

brooklyn bethel i left around 1995-96

• zev
    zev

lookin:

i am sorry i snapped at you.

and thanks for the apology.

there is a tremendous wealth of information here.

stick around. you aint seen nuttin yet

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Here's a link to a commentary on an article in the Awake! of July 22, 2001 which included a large text box advertising the UN's "International Year of Volunteers."

Ginny

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8345&site=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit