The Watchtower's Official Explanation of the Scand

by Kent 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lookin
    lookin

ZEV:
    Just make sure kent and hawk do what they say they will do.

im tired of the fight against truth...
    :(

• somebody
    somebody

shifting responsiblility!

I noticed that the very first sentence of the letter to the Branch Committee shows NO repentance or responsibility by the WBTS. :

"Because of published allegations by opposers that we have secret links with the United Nations....."

They KNEW they were to SUPPORT the ideas of the U.N. back when they registered. "Opposers" had nothing to do with that. It was THEIR action! And they knew just what they were doing. That is the reason why from 1991 onward, they published articles SUPPORTING the U.N. from 1991. They made it an INTENTIONAL POINT to publish just a few articles in the 10 years so that they had something to show the U.N. to PROOVE that they were in SUPPORT, and ALIGNED with, the United Nations' ideas. The wbts perhaps did not have" secret links" as they so decietfully worded in their letter, but they certainly "secretly" and decietfully supported the U.N. and all that it stands for, behind their own follower's backs.

Are the WBTS repentant or sorry for what they did? Or are they trying to blame "opposers" for their own faults and decietfullness being publicly exposed? Are they taking responsibility for their own actions? Did opposers force them to register with the NGO with the STIPULATION that they support the U.N., so as to use their library? Of course not! And have the WBTS admitted that they knew all along for the TEN YEARS that they were supporting the ideas of the "digusting thing" that they were doing just that by the articles they printed/published? NO! They would rather place the blame on others and claim that others are trying to discredit them! They will not admit fault and they will continue to use the lame excuse of " We didn't know! The registration forms changed. We only needed to use the library card to inform out brothers of world events!" How stupid that is when JWs are DISCOURAGED from reading "wordly" material to keep up with "worldly" events. The WBTS KNOW that they could have subscribed to newpapers from around the world if their only only motive was to inform brothers of worldy events! They could have subscribed to the newspapers and hade them delived/mailed to NY and PENN. They could have subscribed to newsletters sent out by the U.N., NGO, and DPI. Did they do that? NO! They could have avoided having any association with the U.N. if they chose to. THEY chose not to subscribe to the newsletters with the latest updates about the world. Instead, they CHOSE to just go ahead and align themselves with what they consider the digusting thing mentioned in the bible. If they thought there was nothing wrong with doing so, then they would not have hidden it until they were publicly exposed.

Just to proove that the wbts are evil, take a look at what happened to badwillie and his wife! If it were no big deal and it was nothing more than an innocent mistake by the WBTS, then elders would not be publicly reprooving people who talked about it to friends or others!

And here are some quotes from the WBTS that they should heed their damned selves!

AWAKE! 9/22/96

HOW often today do you hear someone say, 'I'm sorry. It was my fault. I am totally responsible!'? Rarely is such simple honesty heard anymore. In fact, in many cases, even when a fault is admitted, every effort is made to shift the blame onto someone else or onto extenuating circumstances over which the wrongdoer claims he had no control.

2/1/95 watchtower
    Whose Fault Is It?

When problems come up, do you quickly blame others? Or do you analyze the situation to see whose fault it really is? In daily life, it is so easy to fall into the trap of blaming others for our mistakes and to say, "It is not my fault!"
    When something goes wrong in our lives, we will not immediately follow our ancestors Adam and Eve and say: "It is not my fault!" Instead, we will ask ourselves, 'What could I have done differently to have avoided this unhappy outcome? Did I exercise good judgment in the matter and seek counsel from a wise source? Did I give the other party or parties involved the benefit of the doubt, imputing dignity to them?'

AWAKE! 9/8/98

We must understand that while God acknowledges that the Devil can sway our actions and bears a large measure of responsibility for mankind's sinful condition, this does not relieve us of our own personal accountability. Thus, Romans 14:12 says: "Each of us will render an account for himself to God."

However, if we "abhor what is wicked" and "cling to what is good," we can achieve victory over evil. (Romans 12:9, 21) The first woman, Eve, failed to do that and was punished for her disobedience; she could have resisted and obeyed God. (Genesis 3:16) However, God did not ignore the role the Devil played in deceiving her. The Devil was cursed and condemned to eventual annihilation. (Genesis 3:14, 15; Romans 16:20; Hebrews 2:14)Soon we will no longer have to contend with his evil influence.-Revelation 20:1-3, 10.

How much influence does the WBTS have on it's followers so as to publicly humiliate them in front of their own fellow members? Enough influence to tear families apart from those who look to God's word vs. the WBTS's word?

mad and angry,
    somebody

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Zev,

The reason I am sending a letter is that I believe even those who read these letters and whose job it is to reply, likely are only replying on the basis of the limited information the Society has provided them.

All the average COs and Bethelites and elders likely have is this standard 3 line comment from the Society, if they even have that at all. There is a whole library of documents at this point on this matter that when examined show that the Society's limited response is not sufficient.

Further, when the significance of such a compromise is examined in light of their own past policies for the rank and file, it is obvious that there is some sort of double standard. At the very least, it was a stupid oversight that should never have happened, and has destroyed confidence.

When I submit a letter to Bethel, I also copy my local elders, the CO and other elders in the area. I know the letters are read, if only to check for something that would be considered 'apostasy'.

And as long as someone actually reads something along these lines, it is rarely forgotten. Sooner or later, everything that is filed away in the mind comes back to the surface.

Path

• zev
    zev

makes sence path.

hope it helps

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

• joelbear
    joelbear

They are grateful this was brought to their attention.

So apostates must be part of Jehovah's plan to keep his organization clean.

Joel

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Joel,

Out of gratitude, I think you should ask if you can associate with your family and friends again.. It's the least they can do to show gratitude <ROFL>.

• searcher
    searcher

"The secret of life is HONESTY and FAIR DEALING.
    If you can FAKE THAT, you've got it MADE"
    Groucho Marx

Sound like anyone we know?

steve

• Kent
    Kent
    Hi lookin;

No problems, mt friend. If I may give you an advice, don't be so quick to jump at conclusions. There is so much going on inside you do not know anything about, even thoug I don't doubt for a second you've been in Bethel for years.

The problem, quite often, for persons who have been there - is they seem to believe they really do know more than they actually do - and things changes. Even fast.

These days lots of things are happening, and Brooklyn is worried, yes. They have made new corporations, starts using other letter heads, joining in conferences all over the world, trading stocks and real estate, sellling cars and groceries etc. I bet most people don't know much of what's going on - except for parts of it.

So, when anything seems "strange" to you, don't jump on the bandwagon screaming "Fraud" and "Swindle" - it's much better to ask for evidence of the claim. I'm quite sure the good people on this board will provide evidence if asked, and in my experience most of us are rather good at doing that anyway.

But, as I said, not to worry. Apologies accepted, and no hard feelings. Let's hope we can find a way to solve other problems as well....

Yachyd Da

Kent

I need the new KM's as they come! Please send me scans!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Kent
    Kent

Hi anewperson

You said:

And I will say again the Nov 22, 1998 Awake! has an article warmly praising the UN's first human rights committee head Eleanor Roosevelt, sympathetic articles and interviews with UN staff including Kofi Anan for whom there's also a photo on page 5 etc.
    Kent, Randy, others, where are you? Why don't you get and put that article on your websites or here too?
    Why don't you spend some more time on the Watchtower Observer? I DO have that material on the site. The Text itself, and scans of every page.

URL: http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73080679074466&Avis=WO&Dato=20011113&Kategori=JWANDSOCIETY&Lopenr=111130001&Ref=AR

Yachyd Da

Kent

I need the new KM's as they come! Please send me scans!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Ginny and others:

Here's a link to a commentary on an article in the Awake! of July 22, 2001 which included a large text box advertising the UN's "International Year of Volunteers."
    The July 22 1999 Awake did some promotion for the "International Year of Older Persons", including another nice pic of Kofi Annan. I've scanned it and got it up on the web, here:

( http://www.geocities.com/watchtowersociety/awake072299p3.htm

TS,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit