The Watchtower's Official Explanation of the Scand

by Kent 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Doesn't their reasoning suggest that if someone opened up a whore house across from Brooklyn headquarters and put in a library section for public use, that it would be okay for Witnesses to come over and use the facilities?

Of course, if the library card had a naughty picture on it, or worse yet, if apostates found out about it, then it is a no-no.

Don't tell me those guys going to the UN only read the books either...they were reading the babes in the mini-skirts.

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

ROFL@DINO..

Of course, that also means I'm crying for all the deceived JW's worldwide!!!!

But, remember they are lieing, and a liar will always be exposed!!! So, I think we are on the right track..!!!!

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Can someone refresh my memory: has a copy of the annual accreditation form been posted yet?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Kent,

Obviously someone must be in deep cover for a letter like that to surface.

I only hope there was more than one copy sent out or that the letter wasn't marked in someway to identify the person who supplied it. A slight change in the wording could be enough.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

They (WTBTS) know just how well they have brainwashed their follows. I bet most if not all believe their story hook line and sinker. It is plain to see that they only reason they resigned is because of all the calls they had regarding this matter. SUCH HYPOCRITES!

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Quote from Crooklyn:

Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs--at least in their latest version--contain language that we cannot subscribe to. When we realized this, we immediately withdrew our registration.
    Notice how they fail to speak to this "language":

----------
    How do NGOs and DPI cooperate?

The Department of Public Information and NGOs cooperate regularly. NGOs associated with DPI disseminate information about the UN to their membership, thereby building knowledge of and support for the Organization at the grassroots level. This dissemination includes:

Publicizing UN activities around the world on such issues as peace and security, economic and social development, human rights, humanitarian affairs and international law;
    Promoting UN observances and international years established by the General Assembly to focus world attention on important issues facing humanity.

"What are the responsibilities of NGOs associated with DPI?"

Since the founding days of the United Nations in San Francisco, NGOs have made valuable contributions to the international community by drawing attention to issues, suggesting ideas and programmes, disseminating information and mobilizing public opinion in support of the UN and its Specialized Agencies. Association with DPI constitutes a commitment to that effect. Associated NGOs are expected to devote a portion of their information programmes to promoting knowledge of the United Nations' principles and activities. In addition, they are expected to keep the DPI/NGO Section abreast of their activities by regularly providing samples of their information materials relating to the work of the UN. These are also made available for perusal at the DPI/NGO Resource Centre.
    ----------

They play dumb, but all the while they were living up to their commitment to disseminate information about and mobilize public opinion in support of the UN. And they were regularly providing samples of their UN propaganda to the DPI! Did they somehow not realize this?

God's "channel of communication" was also a channel of communication for the scarlet-colored wild beast. Go figure.

TS,

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...OUTLAW

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

hawkaw:

Thanks for all your hard work in researching this UN matter! However, is it possible to get a copy of the application that they would have had to sign in 1991? I'd like to see exactly what it says and determine how different it is from the current renewal application. Also, I wonder what the 1992 Yearbooks states (I downloaded the pages from the 1994 Yearbook as was posted).

Also, how often did the Society have to renew their associate status? Can we get copies of each renewal application for the different years they must have renewed in?

Thank you in advance.

• one
    one

who, why, how, when,

"opposers"

"secret links"

"continued access"

"on file"

"was brought"

"discredit"

Some words above, specially the first and the last, are not the most apporopiate for them to use, imho because of the impression it produce. Seem like good writers are scarce, no "brains"

sometimes i wonder if some writers are trying to say something they can not do openly. I dont read wt magazines but in the past i could see some 'strange wording'. The most striking was the James book, of course that was long ago and either Ray or Dunlap had something to do with it, no wonder. It was a totally diferent book. But that is totally diferent topic also.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Quote from Crooklyn:

Registration papers filed with the United Nations that we have on file contain no statements that conflict with our Christian beliefs
    Translation:

we burned all the incriminating ones.

or...

theocratic war strategy - lying is not in conflict with our "Christian" beliefs

TS,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit