The Watchtower's Official Explanation of the Scand

by Kent 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• concerned fiance
    concerned fiance

I posted this on another site, but I wanted to post it here as well:

Hi everyone,

I took the liberty of calling the UN Library to get some information. I spoke with the Head Reference Librarian, Ms. Dana Loytved at 212-963-8822 as well as Ms. Yengit from the Head Librarian's office at 212-963-7443. This is the information that I received.

As per Hawkaw's post earlier, yes, most depository libraries have lots of resources that you will find at the UN DHL Library. Ms. Loytved noted, though, that one problem would be that some libraries do not so far back in history with their documents, so it would really depend upon the library that you were using.

We then discussed the possibility of getting clearance to use the DHL Library at UN Headquarters. She said that all that is necessary is to fill out a form that has to go through a security clearance and any individual or organization that needs to use the library usually can get access. The range of time varies, but sometimes access is given for months at a time. She said that this option has always been available even before 1990. She did mention that, in light of the recent 9/11 disaster, it has become more difficult to pass security clearance for such access.

So, in fact it is now more difficult to get access to the library and such information. Interesting, since WTBTS disassociated itself and now would not have such access. Does that mean that whatever research they were doing will no longer be done at all? Or could it be that, in fact, WTBTS will have to resort to going to a UN Depository Library to get the same information they likely would have gotten anyways at the UN DHL Library?????

Any comments?

concerned fiance

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

oops.. Looks like concerned fiancee was able to post here afterall..

That is really interesting Fiancee...

Too bad the WTBTS didn't think of making the same phone call you did in 1991, when they wanted access to the UN library..

Oops, sorry, that cannot be it either, as they said in their letter that they had access before 1991..

Hmm, now I'm really puzzled.. I wonder what they could have been thinking

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wanna,

I think you can delete your post.

Cf,

My comments above stand and your comments are exactly what everyone else at the library has told me.

You have it right - just don't forget there is Interlibrary loan where the UN depository can get what it wants from the UN library if they don't have it.

hawk

• battman
    battman

Dino

<Notice the carefully worded first paragraph. In other words,
    this lie supersedes all other lies we have told you thus far! Dino>

Great observation Dino!! Sounds very Nixonesque or Clintonesque.

What a load of crap for sure.

battman

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I truly don't see how The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society could justify ANY association with the UN what so ever, for any purpose after all the horrible things they (the WTBTS) have said about them (the UN) through the years. They want us to believe that after 1991 they had no inkling that the terms of being a NGO associated with the DPI had changed, when there were forms that had to be filled out on a regular basis to remain an active member? How do they explain the changes in their interests listed in the NGO/DPI handbooks if they weren't keeping on top of things? Do they think we aren't aware that they have lawyers overlooking every step that they take? Do they think we're stupid?? Oh yeah, that's right. They do think that. BUT THEY ARE QUITE WRONG I'M AFRAID! This is your wake up call Watchtower. Thanks to the internet and so many diligent truth loving people such as Hawkaw, Kent, Randy, Mac and so very many others, there is no longer any way to hide behind fancy and twisted words. Our eyes are no longer clouded Watchtower and your deceit is glaringly obvious. Your ivory *tower* is coming down to the ground at long last governing body, so fasten your seat belts boys. You're in for a bumpy ride!

Between Worlds

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Not to be forgotten - and this should no we emphasized to journalists - is that an examination of the WTS's magazines _after_ 1991 showed that they did in fact spread information about the UN and markedly changed their tone about the UN, at least in Awake! magazine. This clearly shows that they understood the criteria.

Lionel

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Battman,

Clintonesque for this scandal would be:

"Define signature please"...

Nixonesque would be:

"I am not associating with the wild beast"

hehehehehe

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Bridgette said,

Did anybody catch that they are appreciative that this matter was brought to their attention?

I did. It seems God uses opposers (their words) to bring things to the attention of the GB. Obviously, the GB doesn't act unless spirit directed too. So God must be directing oposers.

THirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• zev
    zev

hmmmm.

lets see.... I wrote the first letter to the UN....

hmmm,

I published that letter....

hmmmm,

does that make me an opposer, even though i am still "in" and still, as of this minute, in good standing?

hmmmm.

those lying sacks of @$^*!

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I am religious, I love God, I love Jesus, I love my neighbor,

I HATE THE WTBTS.

ASHI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit