ROAD TRIP!!! Would like to meet as many of you as I can in two weeks.

by wings 76 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

If Kansas City is on your route, we'll put you up overnight and feed you.

I know I haven't been on the board alot lately, but if you make it to KC, let me know. I'm on I-70 in the middle of Kansas City and St. Louis!!!!

shelley

• wings
    wings

shelly, will do. Thanks.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "So, I leave from New Mexico. I have $2500, a prius, and two weeks."

Well, you don't say where in New Mexico... but if you are along the IH-10 stretch - and IF you go East - eventually, you'll pass through San Antonio, TX.

I'm located along this path - in San Antonio. If you need a place to stay - or grub - my wife and I will be happy to oblige. We'll even show you some of the local sights here.

Good Luck!

Oh! By the way... you should probably document this journey - make it into a book - or movie - or somesuch. Perhaps even an article for some travel magazine. That way - you might get paid for your travels. It would/could be novel - especially in a Prius.

Even if you decide to not do that - I think that you should keep accurate logs of expenditures - not only gasoline - but food and other things along the way. Perhaps get a blank book where you can write your experiences in it - at the end of each day. It sounds like fun!

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. I've done a 'marathon' drive from Los Angeles, CA to San Antonio, TX - driving from sunup to sundown - and did it in 2-1/2 to 3 days - if I recall correctly. That was just driving - only stopping for gas, food and bathroom breaks. So - you can cover some major ground in a day - if you really want to.

• wings
    wings

Thanks Jim TX, San Antonio would be fun, love to meet you. I am hoping to hear from other TX people. I'll be leaving from Albuquerque, so I 40 east. I haven't planned the route yet, I'll let you know.

I will keep a daily journal, and photo diary. Of course I'm going to write everything down I spend. I'll be using my money to live on after I get home. So the more I stick to a budget, the better my homecoming will be. I want to try to plot places to visit along the way, so after I get my route figured out, I'll ask the board for ideas. I love local restraunts, etc...

I'm also looking for a place to relocate, small town US, so I will try to spend more time in those towns that are of interest to me.

The big, you know BIG cities and traffic will stress me out a bit. I'll try to avoid any and all rush hours in those places.

I need to get my laptop fixed, I don't even know how to write with a pen anymore.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "I'm also looking for a place to relocate, small town US, so I will try to spend more time in those towns that are of interest to me. "

San Antonio is surrounded by a few small communities - many with historical connections. We'd be very happy to show you some of these - some nestled in the foothills north or northwest of San Antonio.

"The big, you know BIG cities and traffic will stress me out a bit. I'll try to avoid any and all rush hours in those places."

Well... you may be in trouble then... as any Interstate is gonna take you through major metropolitan areas - like Dallas, or Houston... or even San Antonio. The important thing to keep in mind is to not let it all intimidate you.

When you get close to San Antonio - a phone call - and we'd meet ya on the highway - and lead ya in - using walkie-talkies - if necessary. *wide grin* (But not at 3am in the morning... )

Regards,

Jim TX

• wings
    wings

will do...thanks

Don't miss Mickey Mouse here in Orlando

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I might have to be the tail end of your trip since I won't be there until just under two months from now, but it would be nice to meet you ....

even if the $2500 is blown by then! LOL! I hope you are taking a good camera with you to capture the memories.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If you decide to come down to the Sunshine State to see Mickey Mouse, you can stop in Tallahassee and I will take you out to eat and see the tourist attractions--provided it's after March 12. Next week I'm going to visit family, near Baton Rouge and also attend a family reunion at Henderson, which is not far from Lafayette.

• wings
    wings

I just thought I would bump this thread and see if there are anymore takers.

Thinking about waiting until the end of April, then I could catch up with Crumpet and the Dallas group in early May.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit