ROAD TRIP!!! Would like to meet as many of you as I can in two weeks.

by wings 76 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Never mind the health care. It's the beer that would make you want to stay.W

I say it's the Okanagan wine that would make you want to stay!

ESTEE

• BFD
    BFD

Wings, if you make it up to Toronto, I'd take a drive up there again. I'd say for you to come here but I'm in the middle of no where! Road trips can be so much fun. Keep us posted.

BFD

• wings
    wings

okay, okay...beer and wine, I'm in. Toronto has to happen. BFD, I would love to meet you thank you for being willing to drive. By the time I get there, I'm sure I will appreciate it.

So, ESTEE and BB are from the area too? How many more?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hi wings,

ESTEE is on the west cost, British Columbia. I am in Ontario, and pretty much in the middle of Toronto and Niagara. A meet up in Niagara would be closer for BFD it's right on the boarder of Canada and the US, and it's not that much of a drive from Toronto.

I'll PM you my phone number, if you make it this way give me a call and I'll call some others in the area for a mini fest! We love our fests up here! lol

BB

• wings
    wings

Damn (can you say that on JWD?) I forgot Finally Free. Have to meet him. Does the bird go out?

• uninformed
    uninformed

If Kansas City is on your route, we'll put you up overnight and feed you.

Brant

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If you come through Michigan, starting on my side, then you can drive across and go into Canada at Detroit and drive over to Niagra. Just a suggestion.

• wings
    wings
    If you come through Michigan, starting on my side, then you can drive across and go into Canada at Detroit and drive over to Niagra.

Good idea. I can see it coming together now. I'm still not sure I won't have to slip a flight in there somewhere.

How do you like my new avitar?....I'm so into this. I have a hard time with balance.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Is that one of the cars from the movie Cars? Are you bringing the grandgirls with you?

You must burn a CD for the road trip. Born to Be Wild should be the first song you play when you pull out of the driveway.

You could have On the Road Again and Convoy and Ride Like The Wind. Country Roads by John Denver.

• wings
    wings
    Are you bringing the grandgirls with you?

No. I am going to leave them to the devices of their own mother for two weeks. Hopefully it won't kill them. It will just cost me in more ways than one. I REALLY REALLY need a break. I have to wait until 'mud season' in the ski areas so I can't be accused of making her lose her job. The end of March works. Another daughter has spring break about then and she can help with the kids while I am gone.

Is that one of the cars from the movie Cars?

I don't think so. I just punched in "wings" and "cars" and found that. It took me an hour to finish the search. So many choices....to much for me.

You must burn a CD for the road trip. Born to Be Wild should be the first song you play when you pull out of the driveway.

I got an ipod for my birthday, all I have to do is buy a cord to hook it up in my car. I only have 42 songs on it so far. When I get closer to leaving, I'll solicit for songs, make playlists. I'll remember your suggestions, all good I might add.

I also want to solicit for places, restraunts, etc...to visit on the way. I thought I would do a $40 a day thing. How fun is this????

In the movie Elizabeth Town, I always loved the road trip part. I would like to take time to really plan it well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit