If you could travel anywhere in the world.

by reneeisorym 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• chickpea
    chickpea

new zealand is gorgeous and while the kiwi is tracking at $.80 to the USD at least it isnt at parity!!

we rented a car and drove 3200 km, touring the lower 2/3 of the north island and the upper half of the south island..... if you ARE going to go to the southern hemisphere, remember the seasons are reversed

we found march ( the beginning of the autumn) to be less crowded and plenty warm ..... check for when school holidays are!!! might influence your timing....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If you research "Vietnam Travel Warnings" you find that you should NEVER drink water or ice in Vietnam as hygeine is poor also they have many desease's the west doesn't {like bird flu many cases} so you need vaccinations. Tourists are targeted by thieves so it is recommended to check which areas are safe. There are other issues to consider if going to Vietnam.

sounds like you're an experienced traveller to VN, eh? It's true you shouldn't drink fresh water there, nor anywhere in the Orient apart from Singapore, but it's perfectly natural to buy bottled water - we do that in Sydney too. Yes, you need vaccinations - so what?

As far as "targetted by thieves" - well, give us a break! - how many muggings in Sydney these days? My daughter was mugged on a city station at 3 in the afternoon.

I repeat, from my many trips, I've found it very safe in VN.

Now if you mentioned another SE Asian country, that would be different. Mrs Ozzie and I have been accosted by terrorists wielding their AK-47s in another place but still I wouldn't keep away.

However VN we've have found a delight to visit. Actually I have permanent accommodation there.

So, Renee, you need not fear going there.

You could come down to Sydney on the way back!!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Tour the UK maybe. France. Italy. South Africa. New Zealand. A cruise up the Rhine. Norway......have you been to Canada yet??? Not a culture shock but a lot to do and if culture is your thing then Montreal and Quebec would satisfy that! What about an Alaskan cruise? I hear those are great trips and I'd love one myself - heck, if someone else were paying I'd go almost anywhere...sammieswife.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

New Zealand!!!!!

• MOG
    MOG

honduras, PuertoRico(mi tierra linda), mexico...you dont have to go far tosee how lucky we are in america.. personally i want to go to the holy land and egypt..

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

London

• PEC
    PEC

You could make the 2009 international convention in Peru. You can have nature and praise Jah, at the same time. If you book through the WTS you can help the world wide pedophile fund at the same time.

Philip

alt

alt

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I lived in Ecuador for six months some years ago and I would love to go back there. The people are very nice. The land is beautiful. Particularly enjoyed Banos and Riobamba. Also, Loja was a great city too. The best tourist destinations would be Quenca, Riobamba, Banos and Quito. Of course, you would get a very good exchange rate as well. My dad regularly visits the Gallapagos Islands and is trying to figure out how to live there.

Though it has been sometime back, I was in France and the border of Switzerland for about a month. It was extremely beautiful and I found the people to be friendly. The train system is great over there, which makes travel really easy and relaxing. We have wanted to go back but it always turns into needing a month to be there. Just so much to see and so little time to see it.

Also, have heard really great things about Thailand but have never been. Another place that I would love to go and have heard that it is a great trip is Peru, especially, Machu Picchu. You can either hike up there or I believe there is a train.

My sister went to Scotland and loved it. Also, she went to Greece and was not overly impressed.

Good luck choosing, where ever you go you will love.

Sheri

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Assuming money and time were no object and I could instantly learn any language, I would like to take a trip to Australia and find some taipan snakes to import into Brooklyn Beth Hell. I would find the quarters that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger live in, and let the snakes loose in their rooms. As I see it, they would suffer no worse than all the children that get molested because of those cockroaches, and that die from the blood issue and the accidents incurred while out in field circus. Maybe other children would have their lives saved by those snakes.

I would also like to make a stop at Bronners Christmas Wonderland. While there, I would make a day out of it, and pick up plenty of Christmas decorations. I would like to take a huge Christmas tree for the Kingdumb Hell and an inflatable Santa for the front lawn, a sleigh with reindeer for the roof, and some lighting and candy canes to line the walkway. And plenty of ornaments for the inside.

I would also like to visit the Far North of Canada. Hopefully, I could import a blizzard that would force them to cancel the Crapmorial for snow. I would also find it nice to hike through the woods in the mountainous terrain of the Canadian Rockies.

And I would like to visit the likes of China, India, and the other places where the witlesses have yet to make a dent. The purpose would be to get the leaders of those states to see the witlesses as a scam and not a religion. And, I would like to set up the Internet through all of Africa so they could get online and see the Watchtower Society as fraud while also picking up other value. That way, I could create value to offset what I would consume, slow down the Watchtower Society's progress, and make the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger get their trip to Hell faster.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I recommend New Zealand; exchange rate even better than Australia, English-speaking, no culture shock, and some places with specacular scenery.

In fact if you decide to go in winter 2009 (July-Sep) let me know; we're going to ski NZ next year so we'll be there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit