If you could travel anywhere in the world.

by reneeisorym 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

My husband and I decided to go somewhere next year -- anywhere in the world.

Consider we live in America and have never been ouside of America. (well -- Jamaca/Caimen Islands but that doesn't really count! LOL) And I hope the exchange rate is good where we go --

We have about 2 weeks to be gone. What do you think?

We have considered Europe (France/Greece/Rome/London) but the exchange rate is so bad -- would it be worth it? We have thought about Australlia or China. ... We only know English and I know a very small part of French. I'm really overwhelmed by this chance of a lifetime.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Love to see America..........but your welcome to come over here Australia is the most tourist friendly place in the world...come and see a Kangaroo, Wombat or Platapus!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Renee,

We only know English and I know a very small part of French.

I'd vote for Viet Nam; a beautiful country, vibrant, friendly people, and a great exchange rate to do whatever you want. Try it, you'll see.

Cheers, Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the most tourist friendly place in the world

That's what i like about them Aussies, they're so modest!

To be honest, although Australia's home, I don't know about claiming it's the most tourist-friendly place. I guess it's very subjective, but my experience of travelling to scores of countries would make me cautious about that claim.

• llbh
    llbh

Without doubt London you will love it

After there grab a flight to the South of France, Go near the French Italian Border than cross into Italy ,

You will love it all

Dont worry about the exchange rate just enjoy yourswelves

regards

David

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Believe it or not Bosnia and Herzegovina is fast becoming a tourist destination. http://www.bhtourism.ba/eng/

• Zico
    Zico

Australians are very friendly!

I like llbh's suggestion, London is a great city.

You'll probably be surprised by how many people speak English, no matter where you go, however if you choose a country with a foreign language, it's nice to try to learn a bit of their language. They'll appreciate the effort!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Antartica

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

It really depends on what yall like ... beach or city, cold or warm, museums or ruins or neither ... etc. Once you kind of narrow down things like that then it would be easier to decide where would best fit you and your sweetie.

I love to travel and get to quite a bit ... I'm sure yall are going to have a blast!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    It really depends on what yall like

OK I have a short attention span -- No activities that take a long time. I went on a dolphin cruise once for 2 hours and almost died .. LOL

The husband likes nature.

I like culture -- I like to see how people live differently than I do.

Neither of us are into athletic activities -- Though walking to see things is totally fine. I would just rule out biking and skiing for example.

Edited to add: I also like seeing history as long as we see it quickly (That short attention span again)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit