If you could travel anywhere in the world.

by reneeisorym 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'd love to go to Italy. That's my first choice.

I'd also like to go to Germany, Australia, Ireland, & Russia. I used to have a pen pal in Russia when I was a teenager. That was pretty cool. My oldest sister met her when she was over there for an international convention and swapped addresses for us since we were the same age.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I haven't been yet, but am planning on (like I tried to do about 4 years ago) going to Australia - the land down under.

There is MUCH to see there. It's a huge continent!!! You have all sorts of terrain - and weather - from one side to the other. You need to remember that their seasons are opposite from ours. The best time (in my opinion) to go would be around spring or fall. From what I researched - the rates for air-fare are at their lowest at these times.

Australia - I believe - now has a train that runs up the center... starting somewhere down near Adelaide, and going up to Alice Springs... and beyond.

http://www.seat61.com/Australia.htm

I dunno... sounds good to me... of course... I'm more of a 'I wanna ride the train' type of person.

Don't forget to get your passports... you'll definitely need those even if you visit our neighbors to the south (Mexico) or north (Canada).

I would say - do your research online... and when you narrow it down - try to locate a person who lives in the locale that you are interested in visiting - and have them send you brochures from their area.

Good Luck - and Have Fun!!

Regards,

Jim TX

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Europe- especially Russia, Poland and Germany. Second I'd pick Japan.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

1. Barcelona/Valencia Spain 2. Azores 3. South Seas 4. Australia 5. Antarctic 6. Alaska in Winter & in Summer 7. Ireland 8. Norway 9. Thailand 10. China 11. Rome/Italy 12. Walks of Paul or tour of Bible ruins- Turkey, Israel, etc. .......gee, and all I get to see is this darn swamp. Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

But, if I could be anywhere during these next two weeks................................Hawaii..............here's a shout-out to my good buddy..............hope you two are having a great time.................Aren't the lifeguards GORGEOUS? Skeeter

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have family/friends that have traveled.

Turkey is super cheap, very interesting, wonderful, friendly people and it's right by GREECE which has nice beaches and is gorgeous.

Both have tons of history and sunshine. A little iffy politically, but the people are great. The pictures are the best! (I sat through more travel albums than anyone should have too-our friends spent nearly 2 years in Europe and most of it in central/eastern europe.)

Food is good there, it isn't too expensive (Greece may be, but Turkey is like greece only cheaper and more interesting according to the 3 separate travelogues I have gotten from friends/mom/cousin.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit