Alarming statement in today's study article in WT...

by Mickey mouse 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gymbob
    gymbob

You know.....How can a person enjoy going to a place each week where they are repeatedly told crap like this?

I don't go to church since I left the borg, but I have spoken to a lot of people who love going to church every Sunday because it just makes them feel good.

What's strange about the witnesses is, I never once felt that way about going to the kingdom hall.....I always dreaded going, and stuff like this is why! Gymbob

• Gopher
    Gopher

Detailed instructions:

1. Open the little package.

2. Pour package's ingredients into a pitcher.

3. Add sufficient water.

4. Add our "special ingredients" and stir.

5. Pour into 5-ounce cups.

6. To be distributed at 12:00 noon GMT at each Kingdom Hall to all publishers and approved associates.

• Word
    Word

The detailed instructions before the great tribulation was,

get out of Jerusalem in time before it gets rounded up and burned by the Romans

The great tribulation happened before 70 AD and there is no replay

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    we may well receive some detailed instructions

I am hoping that this is a "nothing" statement to just keep the loyalty factor high.
    If I am wrong, it might be some major changes that they have in mind.
    Major changes probably don't include moving to a compound, but they could be
    reorganizing the preaching work to reduce costs or cramming all the congregations
    into fewer halls.

My guess is that the next major step for literature dispersement will be that only those
    who show up at DC's will get new stuff, and tracts will be the big thing as the public
    mags go away. Study articles will eventually be switched to computer downloads for
    the congregation. This whole scenario will clearly be a money-saver, but they will spin
    it to say "the end is nearer than near."

Since Circuit Assemblies and District Conventions are still highly profitable, they might
    monkey with them, saying how missing them or staying at an "unapproved" hotel is
    judicial, fading is judicial, failure to do field circus is judicial. Everything will be judicial
    except molesting children with only one witness, or getting a UN library card.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Yes, that's a freaky paragraph. To paraphrase

Jehovah has done some crazy stuff before and it worked out. So we may in the future tell you to do something crazy. If you don't listen, then you'll die.

To which the congregation responds with pride "Here I am lord, send me, send me".

On a positive note - if they DO do something crazy soon, then perhaps loads more of our family and friends who aren't too far gone will wake up and get out.

• DT
    DT

If I were a member of the governing body and morally corrupt, I would probably believe that they have to change tactics to survive. With the Internet, media and increasing numbers of hidden apostates, they can't survive indefinitely with the same level and kind of mind control that worked in the past. There may be real fear of a catastrophic collapse. Their best strategy might be to become more dictatorial, This could cause big losses, but it might be worth it to have a smaller and more loyal and brainwashed membership. They could always interpret the losses as sifting before the end and get everybody excited again. This might even make it possible to start a new round of prophecies. They have already recycled some prophecies from the 1800's in the 1900's. I'm sure they would like to use them again in this century. They could get people excited again by conventions by saying they are fulfilling prophecies from Revelation.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Sadly these idiots dont take into account the words at Matt.24:42 and 25:13. Both say keep on the watch for you dont know on what day your lord is coming.

The only real criterior the bible gives on 'saving' instructions can be found at matt. 25:31-46. This is where we hear about when I was hungry you fed me and when I was naked you clothe me. Jesus reveals that to the extent that you did it to the least of these my brother's you did it to me. This is in line with jesus teaching about the good samaritan and neighborly love.

Nowhere in the bible, does it hint that there will be last minute instructions that can save someone. Salvation lies in the cumulative work, of a persons lifetime.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Otwo

I can actually see this happening, tracts and no mags. Even a few building sell offs to gather more cash, I know of an instance here within a couple of years, about a farmer who left about a million to the society. One of the lawyers flew out here to collect it.

calibers wife

• lawrence
    lawrence

It's funny... after years of crying wolf and being unable to shepherd their herds, they now want more obedience and respect. Would you put your family's welfare and lives in the hands of Bozo the clown and Paco the false prophet? Hell no! Let's draft that as a resolution Bethel!

• flipper
    flipper

I definitely see this as a scare tactic , because the governing body is running scared and concerned they are losing members gradually ; but more consistently than before . So, as one poster mentioned , they get into damage control mode and clamp down the restrictions on people's personal freedom's more , as well as become more dictatorial , controlling into people's personal lives , by inducing fear into them .

And what the governing body won't tell the rank and file members is more telling and revealing than what they DO tell them. What witnesses won't hear is the GB is scared $hitless about more child abuse lawsuits brewing behind the scenes , ( thus part of the reason the Brooklyn hotel is being sold ) , and the more they can scare the Bejesus out of the rank and file members to stay , falsely telling them that the GB has all the protection they need , and instructions , members won't feel so emboldened to use their critical reasoning skills - and stay with the status quo coolaid version of future events . It is sick, twisted " cult mind control " at it's very worst .

If our families still in have reason to flee - they should flee to the mountains to escape the mind control of the Watchtower society ! I hope the Watchtower does do something drastically weird - just so our families will possibly wake up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit