Alarming statement in today's study article in WT...

by Mickey mouse 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

In 1974, I used to spank(!!!) my baby because she would make noise at the meetings.

I was told that if I took her to the restroom, I would miss something vital that could mean the difference between surviving and perishing.

I was a young, impressionable fool. With 20/20 hindsight, I should have asked, "What could any man or men have to say that is so important that life or death depended upon it?"

The gig is up; they know it; that's why they continue with the scare tactics.

Sylvia

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that to an outsider, (me) this seems more alarming than some of their past "something bad is gonna happen" scenarios.

THIS scenario is more like: "You won't understand what it is that is so alarming, but WE are gonna tell you some things that seem totally irrational, and you better do it or you will die in armageddon because you are not showing proper loyalty to Jehovah's 'slave'."
    -
    It seems to open up any kind of funky control scenario imaginable that JWs will be blindly expected to follow. A JW might not think a lot of this on its face, but it is still going in their collective theocratic unconsciousness(take that however you will:)).

So, I think it will be stranger than a lot of FS hours required. Maybe communal living situations? Perhaps home schooling? I say this because there is a teaching that at the end, when it is no more use, the FS will be called off as no longer necessary. Therefore, children in public schools as 'tools' of the WT is no longer necessary. People having any kind of private enterprises not benefitting the org. will be considered pointless and selfish. I do think a siege mentality may well set in. It will be slow, but articles like this may well lead into just such a scenario. Will JWs still be 'ok' with unbelieving spouses? Unbelieving children living in the home (even if minors)? Will they restrict pets and all non-JW sanctioned recreation? Who knows what kind of funky stuff they could think up. All money and assets titled to the WT? or ??

We have often heard of the funky ideas at Bethel, see the way they live, the control the WT exhibits there. Will all JWs live in little Bethels? Scary to think where it could go if one still has family in it. I guess that would show them who the true believers are, because there is only so far faders or closet non/JWs in a JW family will go, or even those who think the faith is true, but the religion/JW/WT FDS thing is nuts(lots of them, I think). I hope!

Shelly

• llbh
    llbh

otwo

Everything will be judicial
    except molesting children with only one witness, or getting a UN library card.

That is so cynical, how could you say such a thing, very funny and true!!

In 1974, I used to spank(!!!) my baby because she would make noise at the meetings.

I was told that if I took her to the restroom, I would miss something vital that could mean the difference between surviving and perishing

Sylvia we were counselled about the behaviour of our children at the group, did me a favour, it made me think how can they be so unkind toward childern , shortly after i began to fade, never looked back?

As to the wt article it is all about mind control end of.

David

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s will get the same detailed instructions all JW`s get,when they face disaster.."Go to the Nearest Government Agency and tell them your Problem!"..LOL!!.......Just more WBT$ scare tactics!................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• tula
    tula

how most JW's would react if instructed to do something which would endanger their life.

It will be very subtle. Already the "christian" churches are telling everyone that "it's OK" to go along with any marking system used by the government....because......if you have the holy spirit, it "won't affect you".

The WTS will probably advise their r and f some similar way in order to round em up and herd them right into the new world order.

These misled "christians" will be the ones taking the mark.

In the future they will be the ones to try to annihilate us, the apostates and freethinkers, and those who truly have God's spirit.

New light= Lucifer=bearer of light= satan himself masquerades as an angel of light

more info on marking : http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/111400/2779444/post.ashx#2779444

control is subtle and gradual: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/152029/2779807/post.ashx#2779807

• steve2
    steve2

Ummm, this kind of seige mentality is what the Watchtower has always been about. Look at a literal Watchtower: It has seige mentality written all over it.

Sorry to pop this over-inflated balloon but there's absolutely nothing new to its paranoid edge-of-seat message.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

They've made this statement many times before. I grew up hearing it.

• belbab
    belbab

The paragraph in the WT study reminds me of the old story

The Lone Ranger and Tonto, his sidekick "Ingun"

They are surrounded by 10,000 Irogoosie "Inguns"

Lone Ranger, aka, governing body:

Looks like we gonna have to fast footwork to get outta this one Tonto!

Tono, aka rank an file:

What d'ya mean WE, white man!

belbab

• Gill
    Gill

Fear, fear and yet more fear! What a fantastic way to keep JWs under control.

I was told by my mother that 'at anytime government agencies are going to turn against us, the only true religion.....you'll see!' I used to argue with her about this but now I just smile and say, 'Never mind. You can't help it!' Makes her very angry and sets her off telling me that we're all gonna die!

Yeah! Whatever!

How many times can you hear someone cry wolf till you just take no notice anymore!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    If I were a member of the governing body and morally corrupt, I would probably believe that they have to change tactics to survive. With the Internet, media and increasing numbers of hidden apostates, they can't survive indefinitely with the same level and kind of mind control that worked in the past. There may be real fear of a catastrophic collapse. Their best strategy might be to become more dictatorial, This could cause big losses, but it might be worth it to have a smaller and more loyal and brainwashed membership. They could always interpret the losses as sifting before the end and get everybody excited again. This might even make it possible to start a new round of prophecies. They have already recycled some prophecies from the 1800's in the 1900's. I'm sure they would like to use them again in this century. They could get people excited again by conventions by saying they are fulfilling prophecies from Revelation.

I agree. Even though Jesus clearly stated to not go after those who are announcing the end, the JWs have always had their largest growth spurts when prophesying the end. What if they became more dictatorial, sifted out the faders and those on the fringe, then started this new round of prophesies. The core ones would swallow it hook, line, and sinker as a sort of reward for staying in through the tough times. Their zeal could transform their modern-day ministry and the new prophecies would attract equally delusional people from the world - those that are most easily brainwashed. If I were a GB member I think I would be trying to find ways to strengthen the core zealots, even if it meant losing many on the fringe. I would write the loss off as a renewal of Jehovah's blessing, yada yada....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit