Alarming statement in today's study article in WT...

by Mickey mouse 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

The WTS publishes an article like this every few years - I wouldn't get too concerned / excited / worried (delete as applicable).

For example , the Dec 15th 1995 WT has a very similar article emphasizing the importance of obeying "divine instruction to the minutest detail" and also referring to the passover , Red Sea destruction and complete suit of armour. Some of the phrases are almost identical - most of the current article is virtually a "cut and paste" from this and similar articles , such as Aug 15th 1991.

w9512/15p.12par.8They"DidJustSo"***

Did the Israelites lend Moses loyal support? After Jehovah had afflicted Egypt with nine of the ten plagues, he gave Israel detailed instructions on celebrating the Passover. "Then the people bowed low and prostrated themselves. Subsequently the sons of Israel went and did just as Jehovah had commanded Moses and Aaron. They did just so." (Exodus 12:27, 28) At midnight of that eventful day, Nisan 14, 1513 B.C.E., God’s angel proceeded to slay all of Egypt’s firstborn but passed over the Israelite homes. Why were the firstborn of Israel spared? Because they had found protection under the blood of the Passover lamb, splashed on their doorways. They had done just as Jehovah had commanded Moses and Aaron. Yes, "they did just so." (Exodus 12:50, 51) At the Red Sea, Jehovah performed a further miracle in saving his obedient people while destroying Pharaoh and his mighty military machine. How the Israelites exulted! Likewise today, many who have obeyed Jehovah’s commandments will rejoice to be eyewitnesses of his vindication at Armageddon.....

Hence it is urgent that we heed the inspired command: "Put on the complete suit of armor from God that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil." (Ephesians 6:11, footnote) In this, we are fortified by studying God’s Word and applying it in our lives. Further, we have Jehovah’s caring organization, with its anointed "faithful and discreet slave" and its loving elders, to shepherd us patiently in the way that we should go. We have a global preaching work to accomplish. (Matthew 24:14, 45-47) Like Noah, who so carefully obeyed divine instructions, may we always do "just so."

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think the Tower Masters may be thinking of the scripture that says there will be a voice coming from behind, saying "This is the way you people, walk in it" or something like that. I'm sure that they will hear from Jehovah, but it ain't the God from the Bible.

http://www.love-the-truth.net/divine_name.html

ProdigalSon

• Bryan
    Bryan

I've expected something like this. I was told a few years ago that the GB would tell the R&F to eat a certain diet, etc. I personally don't think the Tower will be complete until they all gather somewhere and wait for the big A. The instructions will be very distructive.

Bryan

The real sinister part is that they are really vague in their statement. They know that the rumors and the gossip mills will take these paragraphs and spin them for all they are worth. Many JW are paranoid about life as it is so their imagination will run wild with this, as it has in the past. The GB knows that if they keep the r&f in fear they can control them.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Good point Awakened07. The message here is "Stay tuned for something crazy to come". The generation thing fits the bill, and leaves them ready for anything else crazy they want to add later.

• cognac
    cognac
    Paragraph 15: "As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions. Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah."

My mother took this to mean "follow elders, no matter what." I said as long as they don't violate scriptures... Wow, you would have thought I was Hitler himself... Evidently, you are supposed to follow them no matter what, cause they are not wrong, and if you don't you are now against Jehovah himself...

Was this meant to apply to Elders or the FDS???

• Honesty
    Honesty

You can dress your monkey up in a tux but your monkey is still a monkey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit