Alarming statement in today's study article in WT...

by Mickey mouse 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Paragraph 15: "As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions. Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah." This in the context of a WT discussing the Israelites' Exodus from Egypt and how Jehovah had them into a position where there seemed "no way out". We need to trust the FDS....does anyone else see a sort of siege mentality here?! It made me ask myself how most JW's would react if instructed to do something which would endanger their life.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This sets up a perfect circular agruement. The kind that the wt loves. Here is what we might see.

The society increases their hold on the r&f with detailed instructions covering all of life's details. Then they say, see the instructions prove we are at the beginning of the gt.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wonder what the "detailed instructions" are going to be

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    "As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions.... blah blah blah!.

That Again?

I'm shivering in my boots.

Dismembered

• Priest73
    Priest73

I hear they're moving headquarters out of Brooklyn and are eying some property in northwestern Guyana...

• brinjen
    brinjen

When I was reading that paragraph, memories of being told why I must pay attention during the sales meetings came flooding back . Apparently, the brothers could be giving vital instructions on what to do when armageddon arrives .

I think we're starting to see the purpose of the Kool-Aid edition now.

• golf2
    golf2

Just another ruse since the 1880"s.

Golf

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I think this is just the usual scare tactics to make those on the fringes to 'straighten up and fly right' (or get out already), the studies to take a stand, and the already zealous to do even more. Same ol' same ol'.

(Parody: )

Early 1900's:

"The door of the Ark is going to close."

1940's:

"The door of the Ark is closing."

1960's:

"The door of the Ark is almost closed."

1970's:

"The door of the Ark has closed, but it's not locked yet."

2020:

"The door of the Ark has closed and locked, but just as the woman who banged on the door of the judge and finally got her right, people may do the same now."

2050:

"The door of the Ark is closed and locked, but the Watchtower can provide the keys - but you must hurry up."

2070:

"The door of the Ark is closed, locked and barred and it's started to trickle, but the Watchtower can show you a hole in the wood flooring which you can sneak aboard through."

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

We may well receive some detailed instructions? From where are the GB gonna get that? The star chamber? or are they just gonna give God a call. I hope the details God gives them arn't too complicated. If its anything like the instruction he gave us from the bible were all doomed. People are still trying to figure out what the bible means 3000 years after his typists (scribes) wrote it. What ever happened to the good old days when he used to write things in stone with his fingers?

• cognac
    cognac

Early 1900's:

"The door of the Ark is going to close."

1940's:

"The door of the Ark is closing."

1960's:

"The door of the Ark is almost closed."

1970's:

"The door of the Ark has closed, but it's not locked yet."

2020:

"The door of the Ark has closed and locked, but just as the woman who banged on the door of the judge and finally got her right, people may do the same now."

2050:

"The door of the Ark is closed and locked, but the Watchtower can provide the keys - but you must hurry up."

2070:

"The door of the Ark is closed, locked and barred and it's started to trickle, but the Watchtower can show you a hole in the wood flooring which you can sneak aboard through."

ROTFLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. What does this kool-aid thing I keep hearing about mean or stand for???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit