Would you ever consider Going Back?

by Honesty 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

As they currently stand, no. However, I think they are doing some things right, and if they would reform a little, meaning loosen the collar a bit and allow people to breathe, I think their numbers would go up a lot more. Imagine having the positive side of being a Witness minus many negatives, like 1 (or 2) meetings a week, less required study, Less push for service. No shunning! I know this would never happen, but it would go a long way.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, NO. I am absolutely positive that I will never be a JW again. I may not be DF'ed and they may
    carry me on their "inactive" list, but I will never be an active JW EVER. Even if I were convinced that
    they have some sort of "truth" (an impossibility, but just for the sake of your question) then I would
    rather be destroyed with the billions of innocent children than serve that God.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I hardly think that the WTS is going to "own up" and appologise for the UN NGO relationship, when they have df'd people for joining the Y.

Neither are they going to allow anyone to have a difference of opinion on "present truth" or "current light."

They are not going to un-df ones who spoke out against pedophiles in the congregations.

After my eyes have been opened, I don't want to shut them again.......

• golf2
    golf2

It's not even in my library of thoughts.

• snowbird
    snowbird

What Prophecor (1st answer) and Mary said.

Sylvia

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Not even for a funeral, nor a wedding... I'll see you guys where the drinks are.

I'll have to second that Mastadon! There have been several funerals since I've left, and I just couldn't go. I know that is selfish of me, I know how much I appreciated all that came for my fathers funeral, but I couldn't do it. I sent a card and flowers instead. The only funeral I'd go to would be my mothers or sisters if anything were to happen. BB

• 5go
    5go

I have thought not leaving totally (seeing as I am still in) being it's all I know and I have a beloved family member. Though I would be be just a sunday pew warmer for the rest of my life.

Though I feel that they are getting serious about getting serious on making you attend all meetings and go out in FS or they will kick you out.

• Layla33
    Layla33

NO!

I actually went back to the KH after about 10 years of not even walking into one for a family member's funeral and I swear I am still debriefing because of it.

I don't like group-think, I don't like prophesing, I don't like men interpreting "God", I don't like human writers professing they write for "God", I don't like masses trying to control me, I don't like nosey people engaged in my life, I don't want some lying hypocritical group telling me what kind of sex I can have with my mate, I don't like every year some quasi-ordained group telling me I have to get ready for "the end", I don't like the supposed shunning of family members, I don't like any group telling me who I can and can not be friends with as an adult. I could go on, but I won't. No, no, no.

• Dansk
    Dansk

How can anyone go back to an organisation with a history of lies (607 BCE, 1914, 1918, 1975, UN library card fiasco, etc.), murder (no blood doctrine), paedophilia (see Silent Lambs website) and the destruction of families (my older daughter has shunned the rest of the family for over 4 years)?

Anyone who goes back is likely being emotionally blackmailed or is having mental problems (such as fear of Jehovah).

There is more than enough information and clear evidence here alone to justify why one shouldn't return.

Ian

P.S. Didn't Minimus post a similar thread? (then again, what hasn't he posted? )

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Definitely

The second they let me give regular sunday public talks and my own circuit. Oh and substitute wife swapping for the book study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit