Would you ever consider Going Back?

by Honesty 60 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

For a Park Avenue, and some free air fare tickets, maybe.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Hell no!

Pun intended.

Ruth

• arwen
    arwen

No, Never, ever!!!!!! I am so thankful to to OUT!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

????????? They had their opportunity to present GOD to us and they scewed it up. All they are interested in is controlling people with threats of eternal destruction and separating those who reject their false teachings from their families.

They are only in it for the money and the control. They are just as a big a business as the catholic church that they havve condemned for years.They are now just as reprehensable to God ,if there is one,as the catholic church for their covering up for the child molesters among them. They do not represent "a" god as they claim to, nor do they have any special claim to his name if that is his name.

NMG

• Mary
    Mary
    Warlock said: Only if Mary goes with me.

Where have you been? I started regular pioneering over 4 months ago! And I have yet to see your materialistic butt at even one Meeting, tsk, tsk, tsk. Sounds like you're real weak in the truth Brother Warlock. But I can arrange a home bible study for you with a Nazi-like elder if you've repented of your evil ways and want to win my heart.

OK, as to whether I'd ever go back: The only way I'd ever go back is if they did what the WWCG did: publically apologize for all their screw ups, get rid of alot of their stupid doctrines and allow people to follow their own conscience. Since there's a better chance of George Bush becoming a popular President than that happening, at this point I'd have to say "No."

• JAVA
    JAVA

For the fist time in 20 years I went back yesterday.

It was for a memorial service, and I wanted to support the ex-JW son. All in all, I'm glad I attended because it reminded me why I could NEVER GO BACK!

• ferret
    ferret

NOT A CHANCE NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they are false now they will always be false.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And have to deal with having no entertainment, not too much sleep and relaxation, no sex or money, the embarrassment of being associated with a pedophile protecting organization, having to throw away my Christmas decoration and my music again, having that April 1, 1995 Puketower article blaming Satan for my being hated by all the sisters when I know Jehovah wants me in that Value Destroyer Training School, being ordered to Pioneer or Die, houndings for missing a boasting session? The only way I am ever going back is when they physically carry me into the Kingdumb Hell and stop me from bolting or disrupting things.

• changeling
    changeling

NO.

changeling

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I consider it all the time. Its was such a large part of my life for so long how could I not consider it? I had some really great friends in the org. I often consider going back and being one of those folks on the fringes. You know the type...miss a lot of meetings and go in service once every few months for an hour or so. But then I realize that wouldn't work for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit