April study wt - unbelievable mind control!!

by breakingfree 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dawg
    dawg

Almost everything they say is a straw man argument...when they say that the "apostates" feel they know more than the so called "faithful and descreet slave", they are making up an argument that has no validity and attributing it to the "straw man" they've created. THis is their way of not answering the critisims, plain and simple... these evil "apostates" are questioning the slave, trying to get the power reserved only for the slave.

How is it they can't see that its those that call themselves the slave that are concerned with garnering power? These are the ones that are scared crapless they're losing converts.... I know of not even one "apostate" that's trying to get power, most of us just want our famlies to see the light and get the hell out of this cult! Please!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, they're really starting to tighten the grip on the flock. The next couple of years are going to be interesting to see how they're going to use their new direct member-only Watchtower magazine. When they discover that they can write anything they want and have members just sit there and say "we understand, we understand" the more likely they're going to get careless with what they write.

Also, I'm betting that there's going to be a whole pile of new light coming out. They don't think they have to worry about the public seeing anything, so they can make all the predictions they want. JWs will just sit there and say "we understand, we understand."

New light, full speed ahead!

- "There is another article in it that subtly encourages couples to stay childless with scare tactics about how tragic it could be for them if they leave the 'truth'!"

It really makes no sense for them to discourage people from having kids. That's where most of their new membership comes from. They're just shooting themselves in the foot with that one.

But then again, they don't bother teaching birth control to JWs, so JWs don't really have a choice in the matter when they get married. Natural sexual desire will always trump the Watchtower in this case.

• Open mind
    Open mind

FHN:

My sister let me call her lately and she asked for pictures.

How 'bout sending her a "picture" of the most damning, IMO, quote on this thread?

Elders do not go beyound the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

I would just like to offer my sincerest thanks to the Writing Dept for this perfect "meat in due season".

I hope the noose starts getting tighter still. It will make my job a lot easier. Or at least quicker.

Open Mind

• sir82
    sir82
    Elders do not go beyound the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

The hilarious thing is, that's an outright lie. They most certainly do go beyond the things "written", all the time, when they call the legal or service desk.

In which "publication of the faithful and discrete slave" will you find written instructions for an elder, in a state where reporting of child abuse is mandatory, to report such abuse anonymously to the authorities from a pay phone?

• freeme
    freeme

its always the same trick. take a scripture, apply it correctly and then twist the application to mean something that is sometimes the opposite.

you had a fine example in your post:

[Scripture] 1 John 4:1 -> [correct application] " ...to test what they have been taught by comparing it with the Bible. That is a good rule for us too." -> [stealthed twisting] everything that is critical to the JW religion, critical to the FDS is not what the bible tells.

the same circular reasoning could use ANY religion. but on the outside it sounds intelligent: "nice scripture, we should testing our faith. thats great! thats what i expect of the truth!", but in reality its an attempt to stop thinking.

its horrible. my wife falls exactly to this reasoning everytime.

its the same stuff with the encouragement of a bible study. its very nice to hear that one should read in the bible daily. should study it. but... in reality its not a bible study, but a FDS publication study with a bible on the side. even if you read the bible as a whole (which is at least the finest idea of the fds) youre supposed to have a fds publication there when you have any questions what a particular scripture means.

its crazy.

BREAKINGFREE: i really enjoyed your post. your thoughts, reasoning just could be mine. thank you! im just exactly mad at this stuff like you.

freeme

• freeme
    freeme

ive to add...

this article is just so seeded by openly ironical stuff... especially the last one...

its so ironic i really think its possible that there is someone in the writing department who tries to wake some drones up by write extra-uber-special-BS which is perfectly in sync with jw doctrine at the same time.

nothing can be wrong when it comes to glorifying the FDS (except by calling them god or jesus directly... at least i couldnt believe more than 50% of jws would swallow it).

sometimes i think the raymond franz incident may be just the first brick that fell apart only. more bricks and huge stones may follow. but maybe its just me... me starting to regocnize the BS in the articles not believing that others can swallow it anymore... but i have to face it that i did it once too...

• V
    V

Marked for reference

• VM44
    VM44

Was this meant as a joke?

A sound rule is found in the words of the apostle Paul: "Do not go beyond the things that are written." Elders do not go beyound the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension , they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

From the online dictionary:

extension - the spreading of something (a belief or practice) into new regions

Related word:stretch - extension to or beyond the ordinary limit.

• sir82
    sir82

One other thought occurs to me...

Can't remember where I read it ("Misquoting Jesus", perhaps?) but I seem to recall that several scholars are of the opinion that the "do not go beyond the things written" verse was actually a marginal note, an instruction by a copyist to some future copyist, written decades or centuries after the original manuscript, to watch the formatting on the page! And then eventually that marginal note of instruction crept into and became part of the "official" Bible text.

So while it is perfectly blasphemous to equate their own muddled, sophomoric, contradictory writings to "God's word", an additional problem is that the principle is likely based on a thought that wasn't even "inspired by God" to begin with (if you believe that sort of thing). Gotta love the irony!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

This is unbelievable what they have printed here. Mind control- subtle and outright. They mention 607 as though it is a fact everyone knows. Gotta love the comment where WT pubs are an extension of the Bible and, basically, equal. What a bunch of mumbo jumbo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit