April study wt - unbelievable mind control!!

by breakingfree 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• choosing life
    choosing life

Too much time for recreation and fun things? Sorry watchtower, but to quote a song, "I ain't never had too much fun."

• Mary
    Mary
    A sound rule is found in the words of the apostle Paul: "Do not go beyond the things that are written." Elders do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

That's a joke. When I called Crooklyn last month to ask why they had a WT study on oral sex when there were little kids there, the drone in the Writing Dept. specifically told me that there was "a certain amount of personal opinion that goes in to writing these articles." This was in direct response to my question as to why they were 'going beyond what was written'.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/148474/2695973/post.ashx#2695973

What's so pathetic is that by their using the words "And by extension", they are, in fact, "going beyond what is written" in the bible.

From what I've seen so far in the new 'private' WT studies, it looks to me as though their tightening the reigns even more so, rather than loosing them. I wonder how much of this nonsense is coming directly from the mind of Uncle Teddy Jaracz and if any of the rest of the GB members are fighting him on it.

• exwitless
    exwitless
    Elders do not go beyound the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

oh, that's rich. They are so steeped in their own horse s**t they can't even see how utterly rediculous that statement is.

It makes me think of the South Park episode where people were so full of themselves, they liked smelling their own farts. South Park fans, you know of what I speak...

• Mary
    Mary

I predict that by the December issue of the WT, the following will be considered "valueless":

• a house with two bathrooms
    • showering any other time than just before the Meetings
    • grocery shopping more than once a week
    • sex, even within marriage, unless it's for the sole pupose of creating future drones
    • watching any TV or movies except The Purple Triangle
    • taking vacations, unless it's to tour Crooklyn or some equally boring place owned by them
    • logging on to any site on the internet other that their official website
    • owning more than one suit or two dresses
    • going to a hairdresser instead of learning to cut your own hair
    • eating food that tastes good
    • reading any literature that doesn't contain the phrase "the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class says..."
    • sleeping too much
    • breathing too much
  • cognac
    cognac
    Apostates too speak valueless words, claiming to have greater wisdom than the appointed "faithful and discreet slave." (Matt. 24:45-47) However, apostates speak their own wisdom, and their words are valueless, a stumbing block to any who might listen. How can we avoid being misled by them?

All I know is this:

Since I have been to this site, I have actually been able to pray to Jehovah, and I mean really pray and actually start UNDERSTANDING some of the scriptures... Its nice being able to research scripture without being forced to believe or try to prove something that is not true...

1 Pe. 2:1 - However, there lso came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be FALSE TEACHERS among you. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will dosown even the owner that bought them...

You know, I often wondered what it was speaking about when it said foolishness of the world and the Jehovah would humble those "intellectual men I will shove aside." i wonder now if its speaking of those who thing they "know better" then what is written... Wasn't some of the apostles well educated??? I wonder if when it said "foolishness" it meant things that were once not accepted as truth or those who thought they were so smart and twisted the scriptures into more then what it was then really not understanding the principles behind the scriptures... just like the scribes and pharisees who added so many things to the laws and burdened people - for Jesus said to people to come to him, those that are loaded down, for his burden is light...

• VM44
    VM44

However, apostates speak their own wisdom, and their words are valueless, a stumbing block to any who might listen.

I wonder if this writer ever read The Finished Mystery. Talk about valueless words!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Does anyone have a pdf of the April study WT? .... Fokyc?

• breakingfree
    breakingfree

Hi guys! Thanks for all your comments. Sorry I haven't been back for a whilebeen real busy. I will try and figure out how to create a pdf of the mag and upload it.There is another article in it that subtly encourages couples to stay childless with scare tactics about how tragic it could be for them if they leave the 'truth'! Didn't they go through this crap in the '60s? I haven't finished reading the whole thing yet... I can only handle a bit at a time....

• sir82
    sir82
    Not one mention of: "Do these stories stand up to honest scrutiny? Have you researched whether these 'stories' might actually be TRUE?"

A thought worth repeating.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well it's just more of the same old mind control.

A sound rule is found in the words of the apostle Paul: "Do not go beyond the things that are written." Elders do not go beyound the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

That by extension statement ought to add to the list of doubts some intelligent JW's have running in their heads. I know I had one. And when the list got long enough, I left.

My sister let me call her lately and she asked for pictures. I got an e-mail from her today. But of course if she reads that WT lesson, and she will, she'll be back to the old 100 % uber shunning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit