Dating a JW and how to get her off the cult or becoming a member myself

by svennibenni 93 Replies latest social relationships

• svennibenni
    svennibenni

Hi Eyes open and all the others who are helping me in their ways

First I answer the questions that were asked directly : We discussed a lot of bible books but mostly revelations. Hiob was before. We dont use a special book. I ask her what she is preparing and ask her to explain it to me - if one has to explain things he must know a lot better .. thats a good training I think. I aften ask questions about things I dont understand (see I was risen without any religion and dont belong to any church...)

QUESTION : What would you suggest, when I start asking hard to be answered questions, what should I start with ???

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

When you say you have bible lessons, Sven, do you mean you have a bible study with one of Jehovah's Witnesses? Do you mean to say that you discussed Revelation and Job with the young lady?

If Revelation is a topic that would be natural for you to bring up, I would hope to be able to help with some questions and areas of discussion. In many ways, that book is ideal as it is what gives JWs so much material with which to mislead.

• svennibenni
    svennibenni

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear what wanderlust has gone thru and now I can just imagine why is was telling everything as he did. I didnt want to confront anyone with something again that was so brutal. I do feel very sorry for your loss pal and I would certainly also smash my fist onto someones head if he is so ignorant. I didnt want to hurt you!!!!!

I dont know what to say

One argument was that I just want to have something I cannot have.... Well it is certainly NOT a game for me either. I told her I would quit my job over here to get a job in her country, sell all my things over here and move...I already had some talks and invitations and got a job offered in her branch. My new job will be much less paid and I have worse conditions. And the manager over there just sent me the papers to sign. I will also give up a house I built 10 years ago and loose a lot of money there too, Although I then didnt know how big this would get it was NEVER a game from the very start.

@eyes open

I do study the bible over here with two of JW. But they walk me thru that little book they always use it seems. All questions I ask there will be answered with, we will come to that point later...

With my young lady and a lady she is (when I mentioned the sex part I was only referring to touching her breast) I talk about every book I like and revelation is one book that is very interesting to me. See I first "learned" about that thru the old movie called OMEN. That was a long time ago and I did (although I was never religious) read the whole bible a few times already, first when I was around 9 years old. After that movie I read the revelation once or twice and still have many questions. See I think I might have been looking for some religion myself all my life and therefor studied quite some religions already, went to many churches and attended many different conventions. So I think I have an open mind and she knows that from me. I always try to look for myself what's wrong and what is not. Maybe some day I will find one that suits me (if that is a correct saying). But I've gone astray, now. I Only want to express that i can understand some need if I may call it so for religion and therefor was curious from the very start what she has to say about it. While we were more and more emotionally I felt that I would trust her interpretation more than that of an elder who will not really answer my questions if they seem inappropriate... Here I knew that she will explain everything thru her eyes to me. And will not condemn my questions or try to avoid some aspects. Thru that trust that we already shared I learned a lot. Later on she said, it would be best if I still have "normal" bible lessons but she will always try to explain things to me that I do not understand.

BUT I dont know what parts of their religion I should start arguing first, it must be something that is obvious and can easily be proven wrong and bad. Is there a list of misinterpretions and more really bad things. i'm thinking about the blood thing that doesnt apply to Bulgaria and some poitical interactions and so on... But I need the correct context, too

thanks a lot all of you- I will answer more tommorrow

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Actually after thinking about this all day, I thought I should post one more for you. As an ex witness, I am more sypathetic for those who have something like this in common. I can remember being them.

But, maybe I have been missing something, the people who have to deal with "us". If you do it and you are what you say you are, great. If you guys end up happy together forever, awesome, I will be so freakin happy to be wrong you have no idea.

For YOU, be careful. These people are extremely dangerous and can ruin the rest of your life.

Good luck in whatever course you choose. Just because I think this is wrong doesn't mean it is for you. If you need anything I can give, feel free to PM me, I'll tell you the honest, brutal truth as I see it, whether you like it or not.

WLG

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sven, as prepared as you might be to argue intellectually about one point or another, you are not prepared to convert this girl. She is bound psychologically and emotionally to this religion. When she panics, she spouts off standard Witness advice. In those moments, all the reason and persuasion in the world will not help you.

If you genuinely want to get this girl out, please work on that before you become any more physically intimate. The intimacy must be tearing her apart. You must have a strategy. You must understand the beast you are about to tackle. Reading Steve Hassan's books are a must.

Be prepared to take YEARS for your intended result, and it is in no way sure. That is because everyone is allowed free will, and with all your efforts, she may choose to remain with her religion, her family and her friends.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    QUESTION : What would you suggest, when I start asking hard to be answered questions, what should I start with ???

Are you willing to see a therapist to get clear about who you are and what you want?

ESTEE

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I've started reading Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves by Steven Hasson. Perhaps you should grab a copy before getting stuck in, Sven.

I told her I would quit my job over here to get a job in her country, sell all my things over here and move...I already had some talks and invitations and got a job offered in her branch. My new job will be much less paid and I have worse conditions. And the manager over there just sent me the papers to sign.

If I were you, I'd consider holding on that until things have panned out a lot more for your sake.

I will also give up a house I built 10 years ago and loose a lot of money there too

You sound very committed! I guess you are a fair bit older than the young lady?

• Confucious
    Confucious

Sven...

This is Confucious.

The last two threads on Lady Lee's Dating "Best Of" is my experience.

If you haven't done so, you should check it out.

The two threads span One Year Apart.

Confucious

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Sven...

This is Confucious.

The last two threads on Lady Lee's Dating "Best Of" is my experience.

If you haven't done so, you should check it out.

The two threads span One Year Apart.

Confucious

Damn dude...that's rough. Mine was so bad I had it erased.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Svenni

A few points

1) As a jw this girl will be rather emotionally stunted and likely not had any real experience of long term relationships

2) If she is past 24 she will be feeling "left on the shelf". JW's tend to confuse their feelings out of desperation (no offense intended), remember how you felt as a teenager and the amazingly strong feelings you had whenever you met a girl, this is how a jw feels when they meet someone at almost any age

3) If she is past 24 and still not left the org, it would be tough to prise her away,

4) Joining a religion to please someone is not a path to a healthy reltionship and marriage, it will end in tears as you try and pull her away and she tries to pull you in, you will also "black mark" her and she may become resentful...especially if things are not going her way

It is hard to be rational when you have strong feelings but trust me, being a JW is completely different to converting to say ....a catholic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit