Dating a JW and how to get her off the cult or becoming a member myself

by svennibenni 93 Replies latest social relationships

• svennibenni
    svennibenni

mmmh after all I've heard and read that seems like the logical consistency....of course. I know I might not sound very very logical after all, but I'm looking for a better way thats why I started this thread ;-)

• svennibenni
    svennibenni

Hi folks,

not that it looks as if I have been away - I still dont know what to do. I'm reading a lot and this is taking up a good part of my free time and I have a few conversations with members of this forum. this all keeps me quite busy. Of course I always have my evening call with my girl... Today she said one - I think - important sentence. :

She defined her as " good girl gone bad"... and what is more important " and will never be good again"

In my eyes that sounds as if she is determined to keep up the relationship with me... Am I wrong ? What do you folks think about that ? Maybe there is a woman out there who was risen with that religion and would like to talk to me as well ??? I really would like to hear her point of view. I l already got some new aspects and views about my situation and how other EX-JWs think about it. But the more "input" I get the better it will be to have a better oversight.

ALL of you already gave me your help already and I want to thank you very very much !!

This is not to be a four weeks journey after all - I will always need your help, even IF she will leave that cult. Maybe then more than ever. If I just could do you some favour in return. I dont want to seem like I only use you. Maybe there is good project going on where a donation would be helpful. I dont know. I dont want to hurt your feelings I only want to express how much help YOU gave to me!

I will keep you updated

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

In my eyes that sounds as if she is determined to keep up the relationship with me... Am I wrong ? What do you folks think about that ? Maybe there is a woman out there who was risen with that religion and would like to talk to me as well ??? I really would like to hear her point of view. I l already got some new aspects and views about my situation and how other EX-JWs think about it. But the more "input" I get the better it will be to have a better oversight.

ALL of you already gave me your help already and I want to thank you very very much !!

This is not to be a four weeks journey after all - I will always need your help, even IF she will leave that cult. Maybe then more than ever. If I just could do you some favour in return. I dont want to seem like I only use you. Maybe there is good project going on where a donation would be helpful. I dont know. I dont want to hurt your feelings I only want to express how much help YOU gave to me!

She won't even know the answers to the questions you are asking for quite some time. the journey out will be longer than you can calculate. I have been out since 1999, my mind was still in up until three years ago, and I'm not exactly a slow learner.

It's been nine years for me, I wanted out, and I still struggle with it every day. If someone tried to pull me out like you are trying to do, I probably would have run right back to it.

I feel for you, I really do. You probably picked about the hardest person to love there could be...at the moment.

WLG

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

svennibennie:

She defined her as " good girl gone bad"... and what is more important " and will never be good again"

In my eyes that sounds as if she is determined to keep up the relationship with me... Am I wrong ? What do you folks think about that ?

From what you've told us before, I'd guess that she is determined to keep up the relationship anyway. If she didn't, I don't think she would spend so much time with you whilst hiding the fact that she does from other JW's. And yes, what she said there sounds encouraging.

svennibennie:

This is not to be a four weeks journey after all - I will always need your help, even IF she will leave that cult.

Regarding what she would be like after leaving, one just can't tell. Several months of being inactive (not going on field service) and not attending meetings whilst doing some real bible study was enough for me to mostly break free from the mental influence of the WTS. She may take less or more time if she ever goes through a similar process.

svennibennie:

If I just could do you some favour in return. I dont want to seem like I only use you.

If I can be of any help to others who are affected by the organisation from which I escaped I will be very pleased about that. I know virtually all other ex-JW's here feel the same.

svennibennie:

Maybe there is good project going on where a donation would be helpful.

Silent Lambs might be something you'd be interested in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit