News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chickpea
    chickpea

TJ-

he was referring to providing financially / materially for the needs of both the WIDOWS and the GOOD SHEPHERDS... neither of which JW's do today!

just a wee bit of clarification.... the PO was widowed, and hence had been thru MTS, and was sent to the cong to assist its flagging and waning zeal.... and he was GENEROUSLY supported in terms of housing, meals, cleaning, laundry, sewing, fuel and vehicle maintenance as he was a pioneer and had not even looked for employment..... ( personally we provided free housing for 4 months, many meals and gift certificates for fuel and a set of 4 new tires ).......

he made that statement about being financially supported in ADDITION to the numerous contributions made to assist him

his widowed state was and as far as i know still is being exploited because he refused to even learn how to make coffee, claiming a terminal ineptness... other "good shepherds" in the BOE seemed to be able to keep body and soul together with wives, children and dependent parents.... one as a "window washer" and a few others with "janitorial services" as well as a baker and a machinist..... just saying.... he was milking it pretty good and still felt entitled to more

for a period of time he was a substitute CO and complained about the fact there was no remuneration for the sub CO, so he was focusing on climbing that non-existant ladder to become a CO...

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Layoffs are definitely going on, Max "the axe" Lloyd went over there years ago as the layerofferer!!!

Al the New Yprk building are being sold off and plans to make the farm bigger extent 7 years into the future...........

What that means Im not sure, but the original posts is straight from the big house, as I said, as soon as I find out more, It will be posted, for obvious reasons one has to be discreet.

Lets no be tempted to run ahead of the JWD chariot lest it lead us into temptation!

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

It will be difficult to sue the crap society leaders for sexual abuse or for covering it up if they can't be located by name or title.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

What's with my spelling!!!

I cant edit it on safari so apologies, always in a rush!!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It took them a while to realize they were quickly turning into a "welfare state" of their own - with many of the services at Bethel provided because of the hundreds of elderly who can't take care of themselves. They can rationalize kicking out someone who's been there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years, but not someone who's been there for 30, 40, or 50 years. Their strategy? Simple, take care of these super old ones till they die, and don't accept any more. Send people home once they've outlived their usefullness, but before they are too old to do anything else. That's what I would do if I were a heartless bastard of a "heavy" in Personnel.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm on the second page, so if I am repeating someone else, sorry!

I have been of the mind lately that the WT needs to get away from the "Organization" mindset altogether. In the early church, there were those 'appointed' elders by Paul, but there seemed more to be a guideline as to what would qualify men to get that kind of respect-so that they had more of a reputation than they did a title-if you get my drift. Elder in many churches I have gone to was not 'conferred' on anyone as much as it was understood.

On another point-JCs-what if they DID eliminate the JCs and did go back to the truly biblical way of doing things. You have an issue, bring it to your brother. If it is not resolved, bring it to the entire congregation. Then shunning becomes a matter of ones own conscience, rather than a order from the top. They should have done that years ago. If they do that, and stress that criminal actions should be taken to the police or other govt., then they would be absolutely losing their liability with how they handled that 'process'. The change itself could be argued to open them up to lawsuits from past actions, but I really don't see that it would apply if the past actions themselves were not illegal. This is all about legalities. Their judicial process and breaking up families has been allowed all along. If they change it, it can only benefit the org., not to mention causing a 'stop loss' in the congregation from much of the foolishness that has come about from DFing those who speak to someone that is DF'd, etc. Families breaking up over this issue. How many are going to go public with some of the nonsense that has happened to many of the posters here? It could not only remove their liability, but boost numbers and lessen the secret/distrust/paranoia going on. No more anonymous accusations and 'confessions' without proof. If they won't confront you to your face, they can't accuse you.

Losing the entire ORG. altogether, would be an idea, but that may be more fantasy than anything. But if the WTorg. was entirely dismantled in some way, there would be no HISTORY for them to be fighting all the time. Have a magazine, but lose the religious authority. Perhaps make a missionary guild or whatever that other churches have, donated and paid for as desired by the membership.

The trick is they need to keep their authority SOMEHOW, but they could be a lot more backgrounders/admin, rather than rulers, particularly if they separate the missionary/magazine/KH's and end the GB authority over the ind. cong.'s.

I think this would force certain level of purity back into their speculations and teachings, and bring them back to the Bible, or TO the bible, really. Russell had his motivations and agenda when he started the WT mag., and they weren't evil. He was made too much of, and got to much power-as did his successors. The problem is it all started because they were playing the doomsday game and reasoning their way out of hellfire. The agenda has changed so deeply that if they got back to ind. cong.'s and the basics, they would not be a huge 'organization' but they may actually GROW. They could still hold to the essentials, and decide what the essentials actually are as a religion. Then stop playing with the little power trips and legalism and get on with preaching SOMETHING more real than that people need to be part of an organization.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

The JW R&F love rumours & speculation. Maybe the notion that there is a high-level apostate & a shake-up coming is the first step - then the GB will imply that it was the fault of this apostate that child abuse cases were handled "wrongly", and that Jah is cleaning house. I remember the rumours surrounding Franz after he left, it was similar.

Keep the R&F waiting on even more change, convince them that the change is coming and that if they keep waiting all their doubts will be resolved. It's a good way to keep them hanging on.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    terminal ineptness

Now THAT's a phrase to remember! I love it!

• moshe
    moshe

The ones who are sent away from Bethel to work as special pioneers could be just a wee bit bitter, I'm afraid. Do you suppose a 45 yr old married Bethel couple might have major regrets about giving up having a family, home and career? I am sure some of them are privy to insder information that could be devastating to the WT org, if it got out, too.

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

bitter is perfect for what they may feel or devastated!

Can you imagine giving up your life for this organization and being kicked out...and have NO skills, no home, no savings.... NOTHING!

Last time I checked regular pioneers live at home with their parents....but if you're in your 40's and starting new...damn man....that sucks donkey balls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit