Dumping out my purse

by sweetface2233 50 Replies latest social relationships

• Mincan
    Mincan

Jesus that amount of unorganised stuff would send me into neurotic rage! - I'm OCD

However, I hate the stereotypes against guys that use a shoulder bag... (I hate all gender roles) I mean they don't have to be feminine at all in design, decorum, or fashioning... ahem...maybe I'll say "F*** em all" and just use one anyway, in the summer when I'm walking or whatever sorry to say jean pockets just don't cover what I need. I don't have a car...and a backpack is far too redundant, and I can't leave everything in my bicycle's pannier bags, lest they be stolen.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

joannadandy - I went to an Atheist banquet in Sept w/ some girlfriends. Julia Sweeney was there presenting an award. That's when I learned that there is a movie. I'll be sure to check that one out!

mentalclearness - I think I would knock myself out if I wore a strapless bra. These bitches are heavy and need all the support they can get.

Open Mind - Sweeney Todd was good. I'm not into musicals, but I am into Johnny Depp. It was gory, but I am also fan of "Dexter". (note the avatar) It's real life, I guess.

coolhandluke - I've never been to Minnesota, but there actually is an Albino trait on my Dad's side of the family. I don't recall them being any fun, but then again, they aren't XJWs, either.

Finally-Free - yeah, as well as the wheat bread, sweet relish, and a ripe tomato.

Mincan - Guys just need cash and a condom. All of that fits neatly into a folding wallet. What are you carrying?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I have 2 Huggies Pull-Ups, wallet, checkbook, compact, lipstick, 4 lipglosses, jewelry store receipt, shoe store receipt, hospital payment receipt, water bill, new DPA form, gum, ciggies, liter, lotion and pens. Oh and my cell phone.

momz

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "I have 2 Huggies Pull-Ups,"

That's even worse than a pad!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't carry a purse, but I carry a bag to and from work. Originally it was for work related stuff. Today it has some computer Cds and DVDs, an external hard drive, my blackberry, an umbrella, some photos, bank statements, USB cables, and until a little while ago, some home made cabbage rolls in a microwavable container.

W

• Mincan
    Mincan

Mincan - Guys just need cash and a condom. All of that fits neatly into a folding wallet. What are you carrying?

Great, someone stuck in gender roles...

Well let's see, on a typical commute to anywhere I [could] need: wallet, keys, cell phone, iPod, pen, notepad, chap stick, pill box, and oh yea if I was planning on getting laid a condom. I don't usually carry one on me though... should I?

These things don't fit in the wallet, as you see they are distinct entities from the wallet. These things also don't fit too comfortably in jean pockets, so sometimes in the summer I wear cargo khakis, but seriously, I don't like wearing those very often, especially hauling tons o' shizza in 'em.

What you got against a shoulder mounted HAVERSACK. Man, we got to take back the haversack, the accessory of real men everywhere for 300 years. Infantry used/use them as they are practicle. I guess that's what it comes down to, fashion over practicality, they used to be one and the same. Indiana Jones had one, and no one's callin him a wussie man are they? NO

• bite me
    bite me

I swear, everytime a topic is discussed there are images embeded on the thread. does everyone else see that too? For example there is a purse image above my post at the moment.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel
    What you got against a shoulder mounted HAVERSACK. Man, we got to take back the haversack, the accessory of real men everywhere for 300 years. Infantry used/use them as they are practicle. I guess that's what it comes down to, fashion over practicality, they used to be one and the same. Indiana Jones had one, and no one's callin him a wussie man are they? NO

Mincan, I am not familiar with this haversack you speak of, but what I can tell you is that every time I see a man with a shoulder bag of some kind, a messenger bag or whatever you want to call it (a MAN PURSE, haha, I kid, I kid), and not a feminine one, which there are plenty that don't look womanly, but my point is, THAT IT IS DAMN SEXY. A man with a messenger bag is sexy.

(I always wonder if said sexy man has a book in his sexy bag. But that is beside the point, I think.)

My second point is you should do what pleases you and tell the rest to mind their own beeswax, OK?

Peace,

Rachel

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Insurance papers, an appointment card, check stub, Dr. co-pay receipt, wallet, CD - "How to Handle Criticism", a pack of gum, sunglasses, a bottle of Advil (actually Wal-Profen), 2 grocery store receipts, keys, a brush, a bottle of clear nail polish, a tube of lipstick, a tube of carmex lip balm, a lighter, a movie stub - "Juno", another movie stub - "Sweeney Todd", eye glasses, a contact lens case, a Wal-Mart receipt, 2 grocery store coupons (both expired), "Letting Go of God" by Julia Sweeney - Discs 1 & 2, a juicy tubes lip gloss, several pieces of chewed gum wrapped in paper, 2 bank deposit receipts, ear buds from my iPod, a can of tuna, and finally my cell phone.

whaaat!! no vibrator

• Namaste
    Namaste

Thank you for prompting me to clean out my purse today! And it wasn't even Flylady's clean out your purse day, I feel so accomplished!

My two oddball items:

1 contact lens, not 2, not a set, not a pair, just one new lens.

A candy finger that has been in my purse since Halloween. My sister sent it to my son and our plan was to sneak it into her plate of food at one point during a recent visit she made to our area. Alas, we did not accomplish our fiendish plot much to my son's disappointment.

We'll have to save it for another day, I guess I can take the finger out of my purse now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit