Dumping out my purse

by sweetface2233 50 Replies latest social relationships

• megaflower
    megaflower

Do not even own a purse. my motto is if I cannot fit it into my pocket then I do not need it. Yea, the typical response- how about a comb etc. I comb and groom first thing but why be so vain when out and about.Besides, the windblown tossed look is good too

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Then I started thinking about my life. Why do I hold onto thoughts and memories, some good, some bad, from long ago that are having a bad affect on my current life and relationships? Why do I hold onto these things? How do I not let what has happened w/ many, many friendship/relationships in my past affect the ones I may have in the future? If I was treated poorly and abandoned in my past, how can I move forward not feeling that I'll be treated poorly and abandoned in my future?

I understand what you mean..I've recently had to do a little "cleaning" myself. It's a little easier for me because i don't really like most people i meet,so it's actually a chore to be around them.

The person who was "cleaned" was my now,ex-GF..she was a very miserable person..which in turn made me miserable too..i basically told her in so many words that i've decided to go "a different way" and that we should COMPLETELY separate....which also meant no more of her favorite pastime.."Myspace stalking"me, then getting an attitude about what i write in my blogs either. I basically told her that i plan to drain every good thing i can from every day of my life,and that I couldn't afford to do the misery thing anymore..we had already talked about this previously,so at this point she was bitter because of how "easy" it was for me to stop dealing with her.

I've also told her on numerous occasions about my JW friend,my best friend who i loved like my fleshly brother of 15yrs who i don't speak to today..and how one day,i just decided it'd be best if we went our own ways,because he planned to stay at the hall and subject himself to further jackass-ery,all while following the rules they laid down for him..and i planned to reclaim the rest of my life for myself..doing what I wanted to do for a change.

What i do i like to call "manual memory repression",wherein i deliberately scramble the details,and memories about and with a person till i forget the specifics about them,which makes moving on so much easier..the last thing i usually remember is the "high points" which when i compare it to where i am now,i think of how much better i could have been if it weren't for that person..makes things a LOT easier for me-KS

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw - Oh please, girl. We all know about your wine addiction. Maybe this could be a wake up call for you? The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Addiction? Naw, I'm just a wine Connoisseur - yea I like that better than addition We won't even talk about what's in my "work bag" that's bigger and hasn't been cleaned out for a month. There might just be a bottle of wine in there *nj checking bag*.

As for cleaning out our lives and get'n rid of the baggage. I agree letting go is hard but necessary.

nj

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I sure dont have a man purse...but every few months I am amazed by the crap that gets inot my wallet.

I sure wish all that paper was cash!

~Hill

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Hey Sweets, I found one answer to my cellphone problem. I got a purse with a little cell holder on the strap. You never have to look for it, it is right there. Also, when I don't use that purse since it is black & I change it out for a lighter one every so often, that one has many outside pockets. The one on the back side of the purse has a zipper. I keep my cell there for easy access. It can really cut down on stress since I receive many calls from our answering service whenever I leave the office. BTW everyone her purse isn't that big, at least the one she's carrying today isn't. If that is what she had at work she is an amazing packer.

Karen in Bluemont, Lenny's wife

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    And it wasn't even Flylady's clean out your purse day, I feel so accomplished!

Sister, I love Flylady! For years she has been preaching the message: clean out your life, clean out your home, get out of the chaos that you are living in! She provides routines and reminders for people (like me) who get side-tracked continually. I just check the website from time to time to help keep me on track. http://flylady.com/index.asp

Here's an example: Friday: Paperwork and Misc.

1. Be romantic today.
    2. Get food from the freezer for next week.
    3. File papers.
    4. Write letters and cards.
    5. Clean out purse.
    6. Mend clothes and polish shoes.
    7. Pet care (Flea and Heart Meds).
    8. Clean out car and check fluids.
    9. Clean laundry room.
    10. Mail film to Mystic Labs.

"Failures are a good thing. They teach us what not to do the next time." ~ FlyLady
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

obviously I dont carry a purse (and what man carries a "man purse"..and who thought that silliness up?)

but the purse phenomenon you speak of does happen to me ..just in a different way...

... I work out of my car..its a mobile office (NOT)... "mobile office"..its what I tell people when I want to excuse the junk.... and I amazed how much crap accumulates in the front passenger seat especially...gas receipts, opened mail, old routing sheets for work, other miscellaneous paper...its not bad..its just ...persistent....

and the trunk...lets see, though it is organized, its full again... I have one rubbermaid tote bin that has miscellaneous work stuff in (extra door tags, tools, spotlight, etc) and that I keep cable boxes in ...another smaller carboard box has aluminum cans in it for recycling (despite the fact I make over $25/hr, I still pick up cans along the way that are worth a penny each), another large plastic bag that contains...smaller plastic bags...(that I take to the grocery store for recycling)...and a snow shovel....the snow shovel has been in there for a couple weeks ever since we got the 8 inches a couple weeks ago...not a speck of snow on the ground or in the forcast and its still there.... sheesh...

if i properly cleaned out the trunk...there would just be: an empty box (for more cans) and an empty plastic bag (because I took the others to the store) and the work tub...

in the back seat ...not much... a box of Saltines (if you must ask, I keep a box of crackers because I like to go to the store and buy the homemade soup there....but I dont want to pay 5 cents a cracker for the little packets of crackers there...the box was cheaper).... a winter work coat...and I think maybe a piece of paper or two and a water bottle that keeps rolling out from under the seat....

maybe if I feel better tomorrow I will clean it out...... now my office at home....i have a small pile I need to go through..it came from the last time I cleaned out the front seat of the car...LOL........it fell off my desk.... I used to be better organized... what happened... (oh yeah, i dont go out in field circus anymore...so no one needing to sit there...)

thanks..this has been cathartic.. (is that the right word?)

Snakes ()

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

It's so interesting that this subject came up. I on the other hand am one of those people where everything has it's place, no messes, everything in orderly place. I can't live with things dis-sheveled. I don't know where it comes from. I think it's a control thing, really. I feel as though I'm in better control of my environment if I know where everything is.

Does that make sense?

• horrible life
    horrible life

It would take me an hour to list all of the crap in my purse. I am known for having a bulging purse. When I clean it out, I get a gallon size storage bags, and empty most of the papers, extra change, pens, old checkbooks, receipts, bill stubs, etc, in it, to go through later. When tax time comes, it is a mad rush, to go through those bags.

Reminds me of being at the bar, and this one woman I know went to pull something out of her purse, but along with the item came a maxi pad stuck to it. I almost friggin' died laughing!
    Why is that funny?

About 2 months ago, I was talking to a friend of mine, in line at the register, at Wal-Mart. I wasn't paying attention, and reached in my purse, to get a pen, to write a check. Out came a tampon, with a bright green wrapper. Since I was talking, I didn't notice, til the checker was finished, and told me the total, and then said, I don't think that has any ink in it!!

I was stunned. It felt like I just stood there, looking at it. Everybody, was laughing, even the person in back of my friend saw, and was laughing. I was mortified at first, then I cracked up too. The checker girl, said that other women had done the same thing. Made me feel a little better.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Purse: Gloves, Halls cough drops, 2 recyclable cameras that need developing, ibuprophen, pack of kleenex, hearing aid batteries, hand sanitizer, Blistex, pen, Cathrine Hepburn style cigarette holder, cochlear implant processors, watch, 16 berry flavored Propel water powders, wallet, stamps, insense stick, coven biz card, witch store biz card, tatto punch card, condoms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit