The Suicide of Jason R: a rational battlecry

by inkling 69 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dawg
    dawg

Well, that the problem then becasue we're talking about two different things.. from what i read no one named Dan by his personal name. So, I'm not saying that he did anything... I'm saying its not hard to believe this about someone in the GB. And that I have no reason to doubt any of this. What makes you think it isn't so? YOu think these people in the GB are beyond doing something like this? I don't!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's called checking our facts, dawg.

If we get our facts in a row, we have a devastating case. Otherwise, all we have is gossip.

Facts and evidence are unassailable.

• inkling
    inkling
    Well, that the problem then becasue we're talking about two different things..

Apparently. I thought the title of the thread would have made it clear that I am talking about the Jason R case. Thats why I started a clean thread about it. It's a new, unique case.

from what i read no one named Dan by his personal name.

The writer of the email says it was a GB member with the initials D.S. Who else would fit? Seems a clear accusation to me.

(personally, I find that whole use of the insufficiently vague "Jason R" and "D.S." pointless and a bit shady. The smallest amount of research links Jason R to Jason M Royer, and D.S. to Dan Sydlik, so the writer was obviously not actually protecting the identity of anyone.)
    What makes you think it isn't so? YOu think these people in the GB are beyond doing something like this?

The burden of proof is not on me. I obviously can't prove he DIDN'T do anything. Ok, there is a clear history of various sorts of deception and ethical sins on the part of the GB. We all agree on that, if only for their support of clearly deceptive quotations about science and history.

However, one sin hardly proves another, and just because I see them as delusional and misguided does not mean I assume any immoral accusation about them to be true by default, just becuase they are of dodgy character I'm not trying to prove to you or any ex-witness the immorality of the GB, I am trying to gather a case that is deeply disturbing to a current FAITHFUL JW. And that requires far more convincing evidence than one anonymous email. [inkling]
  • Farkel
    Farkel

inkling,

: Any actual impact
    this story might have will be easily brushed away as "apostate lies" by the very
    people who need to hear it the most.

Sorry, but if the lord god Jehovah himself came forward and said that the young man committed suicide because of Sydlik's sexual overtures, the WTS would still try to cover it up.

You are wasting your time. A better approach IMNSO is to let the leaders of the WTS rot and finally disappear from the stench of their own sewage.

Farkel

• inkling
    inkling

Update: I have identified the original author of the email to worf:

April 1 2003, the following was posted by "ravyn"

I went to visit 'bethel' farm where Watchtower prints the magazines etc. I went off the tour to the little private graveyard and saw a fresh grave with a name on it I knew. I asked about it and was told the young man died of an aneurysm. I used to babysit this kid in Georgia when Iwas a teen ager. So I wrote his mother a sympathy letter.

A month later I was subpoenaed to appear in court AGAINST the Watchtower. It seems that Jason died from a suicide and Watchtower was trying to cover it up because it was in response to a gay affair with one of the governing body memebers

Sounds like the same person, right?

[ink]

• inkling
    inkling
    You are wasting your time.

Duly noted. And for the record, I concede that you may very well be correct. This digging is also driven by curiosity and a sense of the justice, and just the principle of the whole thing.

[inkling]

• freetosee
    freetosee

It is not a waist of time, I'd like to have more evidence. Many jws fully know it is not the truth, but want to hold their position. Others chose not to open their eyes and listen. But a few jws (like we did) think independantly. Who knows how many jws read this thread right now?

• freetosee
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I haven't seen the thread you are talking about, but I want to comment on this:

Inkling said,

...exercise a little professionalism.

Professional WHAT? Is anyone here a cop, or a private investigator, or a forensic pathologist who is involved with this matter? I don't think so. I think that what people should exercise is a bit of restraint, some sense of decency, and an interest in logical rational thought rather than hysterical emotionalism. The fundamental difference between professionals and amateurs is that professionals get paid for their time.

Start with evidence: Do you have any physical evidence at all? Do you have the name of the roommate who provided the alleged suicide note? Do you have the word of one of the boy's parents that they read the note, and it looked like it was in their son's handwriting?

It's good to know how and when to pick your battles, I think.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

This seems like a job for people who investigate murders and suicides - like the police.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit