The Suicide of Jason R: a rational battlecry

by inkling 69 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• belbab
    belbab

Hillary,

Thanks for taking the time for giving background to this story. I did not realize how far back this story went because doing a search for Rayvin only went back to 2005.

I did not see your last post, before I posted my immediate post above.

I did not believe that your comments about lengthy rehash of past posts was solely directed to me, and even if I did, I would remember that wounds of a friend are more considerate than the kisses of an enemy.

belbab

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Okay, if GB members are practicing "homosexuality" or having "affairs" or having "kept" relationships there should be SOMEONE who was involved and others who know. If there are no testimonies or facts or dates then it's just an "urban legend". If it is true then the burden (which is great) is upon those who know the facts and it is really their responsibility to shine the light on activities that those GB condemn.

• dawg
    dawg

As far as I can see, this was never a "lynch mob" or anything like it... all that's being discussed here is whether we think this story, and any story about GB homosexuality is true... I believe the stories are true, with the evidence that I've read and heard first hand from a variety of sources about homosexuality at Bethel not just here on this site, but even from friends who were at Bethel among sources rendered ...THat's my opinion, I'm not trying to lynch anyone... but I'm for a damn sight certain, certain that the GB will do and have done a variey of things to cover their asses... on a variety of subjects. ANd for this reason, I have no reason to doubt any of this....

THese same men have knowlingly lied about the 607BC issue, I'm certain that all of them know this dogma is bull by now. Yet, to cover their backsides they won't even address this nor correct it... and this is a minor issue compared to a GB member being gay. THey've made rules that protected pedophies and the like and we could go on ad nausium of shit these men have done wich display their character. I know this is a "false analogy fallacy" but issues of character are admissible in debate if you can show a pattern of behavior. I think I've been shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that the GB have no morals when it comes to covering up for the organization. I'm not saying the eveidence provided is conclusive, I'm saying I believe it... and will continue to do so until refuting evidence can be provided....

• changeling
    changeling

I've posted here before that anything coming from former witnesses will not be listened to by JW's.

That being said, IF this is properly researched and IF concrete evidence of wrongdoing is found, someone should take the evidence to the media and let them follow up and come out with a story.

If any former witnesses are mentioned, interviewed or linked to the story it will have little or no effect

If any of you really want to help, please don't do it for the glory. Keep your name out of it and let the media do the job.

changeling.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

dawg,

I'm not saying the eveidence provided is conclusive, I'm saying I believe it... and will continue to do so until refuting evidence can be provided....

You will continue to believe in something that has not been proved and for which no falsifiable evidence exists. You sound like a true believer to me.

In such cases, my own viewpoint is to believe nothing until it is proved. I have found this a far more sensible route to take, especially on this Board where frankly 99% of the posters WANT to believe the very worst they can about the WTS and its adherents, hence my 'lynch-mob' comment.

This issue was investigated in the past and no evidence was ever forthcoming.

HS

• Dino
    Dino

Have there been previous allegations of Dan's sexual preferences before on this board?

Please forgive as I dont check in that often!

Dino

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I said before and I'll say it again. There would be court documents of this case. There should be SOMETHING

This whole story just sounds completely false to me. First of all while working for the Society do you sign your emergency contact as the Watchtower? So if he did jump (which I doubt) wouldn't they contact the parent first. It would be the HOSPITAL'S OBLIGATION AS WELL AS THE POLICE TO CONTACT NEXT OF KIN You just can't legally assume a body and do what you like with it. Sorry that just doesn't work unless you give power of attorney to them, which I doubt he did. Even if he did more then likely The society would have had horrible publicity. If the parents were anything like this person is saying they were, they would have mentioned it to someone. This is the kind of sensational news that the media thrives on. So for now I am calling bullshit on this whole conspiracy theory.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Forget it .....this woman seems to be off her rocker. She is a writer and has delved into many religions, mostly the mystic types.

She discusses out of body experiences, describes herself as a witch ......it just goes on and on. She talks about many near death experiences, talking to demons etc.......

Not someone I think anyone could take seriously.

There is always a paper trail, and none exists except her posts all over the internet.

r.

• dawg
    dawg

hillary, Your "true believer" statement doesn't apply... this isn't going to turn out to be my life-this thread isn't my religion. ANd it was you that said somehtng about a lynch mob... that's not what any of us are doing-so, who's being lynched?... all I'm saying is I believe the story, I said why... for instance I know people who have worked at Bethel and I've read that this was so in Books and the like... So, I do believe it... I'm not going to start a religion over it I just believe it.

And honesly I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would get so damed offended because many of us do.... I'm not mad you don't...

Until I can see any reason that I shouldn't believe it then that's it, as I said, this isn't a court of law, its a thread, and I believe there's enough evidence from this thread coupled with other evidence that I've seen elsewhere to believe this story... I wouldn't take it to trial not unless it was civil, but I do believe it.

as for your statements that some of us look for anything bad about the WTBTS... you are damn right I do, they are assholes and I have no love for those bastards what so ever! I have no problem believeing anything about these evil bastards and frankly, I'm surprised anyone whos an ex-JW does. But do as you may and have a nice night.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Hey Dawg, the only thing I question is that the WTS couldn't cover this up if the family went to court. Even if they settled there would still be papers filed, along with some type of factual evidence that the family at least existed. I know I heard of jumpers at Bethel which I believe. I just have a hard time believing this story because of lack of any tangible evidence. It's just "I have a letter from the family". To my knowledge there isn't even a scan of the letter (could be wrong too lazy to do a search).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit