The Suicide of Jason R: a rational battlecry

by inkling 69 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• inkling
    inkling

Ok, here is a short introduction:

Worf has posted an email sent to him by someone who claims: to have testified
    in court in a case involving the illegal digging up of the body of a young bethelite
    named "Jason R", who died near the age of 19, June 1995, and was buried at the local
    WT farm cemetery.

His parents were told that he died suddenly of an aneurysm. Later, Jason's roommate
    came forth to Jason's parents with a suicide note that Jason had allegedly written
    before killing himself.

The parents believed, (possible from something contained in the note) that the
    reason their son had killed himself was linked to him being sexually propositioned
    by a GB member with the initials D.S.

(I checked the WT library: in 1995 David Splane was not yet a GB member. Daniel Sydlik was.)

The idea is that the WT dug up his body and cremated it so that the parents could
    not prove he killed himself, as opposed to him dying of natural causes as they
    had been told.

The writer of this email said they were asked by a watchtower lawyer (possibly Carolyn Wah)
    Told the writer of the email to lie in court to protect the WT.

(original thread here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/149994/1.ashx )

-----

A check of the SS database by ronin1 turned up this:
    "Jason Royer -born 12/08/1973 ; died 06/23/1995. His age at death would have been 21 years old."

A 21yr old with the initials Jason R who died June 1995...

It seems VERY unlikely that this is a coincidence.

However, as of yet, this record of a dead body is the ONLY actual evidence
    that has been presented! everything else about the story is, at this point,
    100% Hearsay.

PLEASE everybody, lets all pull ourselves together here and exercise a little
    restraint. If we are coolheaded and investigate this reasonably, we have
    a opportunity to fight for a little bit of truth and justice and all that.

We gain exactly NOTHING by taking this account at face value. Any actual impact
    this story might have will be easily brushed away as "apostate lies" by the very
    people who need to hear it the most.

Lets gather the troops and dig like we mean it!

Here's to truth and justice!

[inkling]

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Wishlist:

* Court transcripts

* Suicide Note

* Testimony from grave digger

what else?

• inkling
    inkling
    what else?

Name and address of parents.

Clearly they are willing to talk.... This was 12 YEARS ago? and its HUGE! Why havn't they gone to the press?

[inkling]

• dawg
    dawg

YOu question the parents who are victims of the WT "why didn't they go to the press"? How can/could anyone possibly know such a thing? What about the man who said he met the lady who'd been molested? THat's not evidence even when two posters said they knew her? ANd what is the reasons you question the verasity of these people all while taking defense of known liars?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

I knew Dan Sydlik. He had a beautiful wife and was happily married. Additionally, he was one of the more decent members of the GB. It would take an awful lot to convince me that he was gay.

• freetosee
    freetosee

You are right, it is good to get as much proof as we can. And it would be great if we could encourage the parents to speak up. Their son deserves it. He was a victim who got his faith and life destroyed by a gb member.

A gb-pedo knows best how well he will be protected by the borg... a victim has no chance not even at congregation-level, never mind godlike gb-level.

I believe it is true, since there are so many cases, but it is good to have evidance!

fts

• dawg
    dawg

I'm not saying this evidence would hold up in a court of law, but it's enough to convince me... almost all cults have leaders that do strange sex stuff with members. I'm also not saying that any single leader in the GB was gay or what not-I don't know any of them. I'm saying there's no reason to question a person who's spoken to a victim in person, even thought this would be hersay evidence in a court of criminal law, it wouldn't be considered so in a civil court. So, I believe there was a lady who was molested by Ted Jaraz; if I were in this civil jury, I'd award damages.

I'm also saying that I've read in books, been told so by certain Bethelites on this site and in person, that Leo Greenlees was gay as was Chitty. I have no reason to doubt them, and if those two were gay, then it would surprise me not if any of them were gay. If I had the time and money I'd look more into this whole thing, but for me, knowing the corrupt and evil ways of many of the GB, I doubt it not!

• inkling
    inkling
    YOu question the parents who are victims of the WT "why didn't they go to the press"?

That was a rhetorical question. I don't question the parents because I don't even know who they
    are, or if they exist. Neither do you. All I have at this point is third-hand information, so yes,
    I question that, and you should too. That's how we find the truth about something. We ask the hard
    questions.

what about the man who said he met the lady who'd been molested? THat's not evidence even when two posters said they knew her?

That was a different case, involving Ted Jaracz- NOT Dan sydlik. I am not questioning that (unrelated) case- I know nothing about that case. The question is irrelevant.

ANd what is the reasons you question the verasity of these people all while taking defense of known liars?

Ok, wait a minute here. I have heard not one word from "these people" making accusations against Dan Sydlik.
    I don't even have a eyewitness account. All I have is a third-hand email story.

But then, if a story is in a email is MUST be true, right?

Please do not confuse my skepticism with lack of empathy for a victim. I am not "defending" anyone.
    I am simply saying that we accomplish nothing of value by passing on third hand information as
    fact. We are on the same side here. I just don't want to call wolf and overplay our hand...

Keep in mind that if the story turns out to be FALSE, we would be ethically guilty of slander for
    presenting it as true before it was confirmed.

Lets all try and use the hard-won critical thinking skills we gained from breaking free from the WT in the first place.

Honest critical thinking and skepticism has no party line.

[inkling]

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I don't know Sydlik, etc. - although there were other GB members that seem pretty likely to have been gay - but about:

I knew Dan Sydlik. He had a beautiful wife and was happily married. Additionally, he was one of the more decent members of the GB. It would take an awful lot to convince me that he was gay.

You don't have to be gay to be curious; you don't have to be gay to "walk on the wild side". Not to hijack the thread, but I've known enough straight men that would engage in non-straight activities for various reasons. Personally, I would hope Sydlik was not involved - I have heard much second hand about his being a fairly decent human deaing.

• inkling
    inkling

These cases you keep bringing up when you say things like "there's no reason to question a person who's
    spoken to a victim in person, even thought this would be hersay evidence in a court of criminal law" are
    interesting and tragic, but I don't see what they have to do with the Jason R case.

This is the first I (and apparently many others) have EVER heard of allegations against Dan Sydlik, and the
    only source is someone repeating a email. All I'm saying is this this case is worth digging into FOR IT'S OWN
    SAKE, and the sake of the victim.

Please do no confuse the issue by throwing it onto the pile of the sins of Ted Jaracz and Leo Greenlees.

[ink]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit