Elder asks me why we quit... (Long)

by Odrade 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Oh wow.

I read this the other day but didn't realise until a minute ago that it was an old thread - so I read your story but not the rest of the thread.

I'm glad that you have this in perspective.

It would be interesting to know why tho. You said that when you had this conversation he didn't know your position.
    Do you know anyone who would have still been in contact with him the last 18 months who might know his situation in the last 18 months?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How tragic

lisa

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Wow. What a tragic story. I don't know why I did not follow this story, but I am glad that it got moved to the front of the line.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

how sad........it makes me feel soooo grateful that i left because i was deeply depressed for many years while i was a jw.........my life is soooo much different today, 10 years later.........my heart goes out to all the lost souls still trapped, though.

• caliber
    caliber

So sad to say but just like the famous movie line "you can't handle the truth ".. this is indeed

fact after many years of sacrifice and full dedication for some it too devastating to face sad reality !

However of course there may be many others factors such as family troubles, health, money etc .

I have seen what I call a "defeated attitude" in many Elders who when finally faced with a nursing home

situation only last a few months in . The outcome to their life is soooo different from what it was supposed

to be . ( youthful vigor and health ) ! Sorry for you... sorry for all through only partial fault of their own

come face to face with this situation !

Caliber

• jambon1
    jambon1

My sympathy to you mate. So sad. I once or twice considered suicide because I couldn't face the fallout of me leaving the JW's. A young, happy lad with so much to live for & yet I was suicidal BECAUSE of the religion. It makes me bitter now, when I think back. Thankfully, the support I received here, in part, saved me. RIP. Very, very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit