Elder asks me why we quit... (Long)

by Odrade 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Odrade..................EXCELLANT read. I really need to start writing down all the fine come backsthat the friends here have. I haven't yet had the opportunities that some have had here to face down these pin headed lemmings. But yours was superb! carry on friend.

NMG

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Odrade; very nice I enjoyed reading every word. the best part is that you kept calling his bluff. he was losing every point and DEEP INSIDE he knew he was taking a a$$ whipping. All it takes is some accurate knowledge and nerve and the jw's can't hang long... john

• TD
    TD
    I can no longer, in good conscience, either give them a "pass" or feel sorry for them. They CHOOSE to wallow in manure even after you hand them soap, a towel, clean clothes and point them toward the shower.

Priceless....

I'm going to have to remember that the next time my wife's CO brother wants to test his metal....

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Made some very good arguments for the usual typical questions. Will have to keep them in mind....Thanks for posting...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Odrade..Good post..You gave that boy a Whoop`n!..Punching.....The best he could do was run away..Running Away In Circles..LOL!!..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

Well done, Odrade!

: At one point he had no answer for an objection, he said:

:"Well, maybe you're just too intelligent for Jehovah."

Of course, this is a typical JW ad hominem, and in its slur against you is implying just the opposite: Jehovah always knows better and you are an idiot because you don't go along with it. Had I faced that same statement, I would have replied:

"Of course I'm not as intelligent as Jehovah, but I'm a lot more intelligent than those idiots who claim to speak for Jehovah but don't."

Farkel

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Nice.

Two things that I found familiar:

1)"Well where else could you go"?

2)Getting angry and driving off when a mere ex-Publisher dared to insinuate that JWs act more like a Druid sect than Christians.

Most JW Elders will E-X-P-L-O-D-E when faced with the merest hint that the Org has a problem. At the last DC in Mobile, AL, the Brother-in-charge of cleaning decreed that all bathroom doors would remain propped open with chocks since there was no speaker system to pipe the spiritual food to the poopers.

I noticed a knot of Bros outside the ladies' room and walked over. They were checking out the granny panties underneath the stall partitions since now everyone could look right into the bathroom and peek at the Sisters from the knees down more or less as they dropped a loaf.

The Assembly chairman literally screamed at me, demanding to know which congo I was with when I pointed this out to him.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks all who have read and replied. The amazing part to me, I kept my composure, both externally AND internally, easily, for the entire conversation. I don't think he was as calm.

I know I couldn't have had the same conversation a couple of years ago. I would have been too emotional. It was also very freeing to realize that I had no fear of disclosing to this elder (who knows my family and my in-laws, the only JWs with whom we have contact,) exactly where I stood regarding the WT. I didn't have any compulsion to make an official disassociating statement, but at the same time, I wasn't worried about challenging the authority of the Organization. Even though this elder is one of the most accessible leaders I know, he still was on unfamiliar ground having a (former) sister challenging his authority and his words.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Great read - thanks for the post. I only hope that if I ever get to have such a conversation, that I can be as logical and eloquent!

• blondie
    blondie

Good response, Odrade. You are a very articulate, intelligent person. I am convinced there are many jws out there who see the lies and hypocrisy but lack the courage to leave. The illustration about beating his son every day and comparing it to df'ing was good. And even when he had court sources to check on the abuse angle, he refused to examine it. jws love the lies, don't ask, don't tell.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit