I am having a bad day

by Vivamus 63 Replies latest watchtower medical

• flipper
    flipper

VIVAMUS- Just wanted to say Mrs. Flipper and myself hope you can get better soon ! So sorry for your pain . But one thing, I feel so proud to be part of this JWD family of caring, giving, compassionate people here ! It is a wonderful thing we have so many caring people here ! Good work gang, keep it up ! Right on ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

alt VIV.....

i'd really try the food allergy thing. my sister is allergic to msg (monosodium glutamate) and when she eats it, even accidentally, a non curable migrain always follows. it is in all salty and fake cheese products (soup, cheese it crackers, all chinese food, crackers, pizza, some regular cheese, ext, its everywhere, research it) you could try going all organic for a week and see how you feel. DONT GIVE UP! your body uses pain as a signal something is wrong, just try to listen, and don't give up hope. My little girl was allergic to thigns I'd eat in my diet when I was nursing and she would cry and cry and scream (colic) but after i went organic and slowly added things back in, BINGO! all cured.... some people's bodies are just extra sensitive, be grateful to God you have such a responsive body!!

Brooke

I was going to say something to the same effect. I have had terrible migraines for a while. I actually throw up, have to be in total darkness, and sometimes they last for days. I don't have high blood pressure, but did have back problems. A chiropractor can do wonders. Also, I love red wine, but the sulfites (and nitrates) are terrible and can cause severe migraines. Not only wine, almost EVERYTHING has sulfites. Here is a link to some more info....

http://www.nutrition4health.org/nohanews/NNS02DietMigraineHeadaches.htm

In addition to the occurrence of headache, nitrites can cause . . . low oxygen in the blood . . .

Do what works best for you and blow off the others. It's your head and you have to keep yourself healthy and sane...so if you find triggers, work through that the best way you can
    for you. Everyone has a different level of what they can handle. Unfortunately, finding out where you fall can be a painful process for a while. Read labels and learn what the names are for some of the sulfites/nitrates. You never know...it could be a cause.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm so sorry for all of you with migraines - such horrible pain! I've never had a migraine but I've seen what it does to others and I know the pain is real and severe. And it doesn't help that there are so many different causes - so what helps one person doesn't necessarily help another. I wish I could help.

• Quentin
    Quentin

.......My daughter suffers from migrains.....

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hello everyone. I just woke up and am reading all of your replies and wanted to thank each and every one of you. Much calmer today, and much less headache wich gives me a breather just now. I think / know, that I just did too much last week. I did not want to change my Christmas plans, and so I just had too many fun things for me right now. Resulting in too much migraines and just too much of yukkyness. Like I said I have been home for the past 6 months, and when I have 2 appointments in a week (1 for psych and one for a friend), that is just on the edge of too much. I did have a burn-out cuz of the migraines, and that also resulted in just too much tension, and too big reactions on every thing.

Sparkplug, when I read things you say, it's like listening to myself. I never had any sympathy with anyone staying home cuz they had a migraine. I was filled with contempt for them. (How the mighty have fallen ...).

Brooke, I did do the migraine diet a while ago. Where you leave everything out that can cuz it (coffee, cheese, nuts etc). It did not work however. I will try the gluten-allergy in a while. But I am detemined to do the psych thing first, so I know what I am left with in the form of migraines. Not wanting to try too many things and not knowing what is the thing thats helping :)

As for the medication... I am having a bit of difficulty translating it. I do know most medications by Dutch name available. I am on preventive drugs for the migraines. They help - the intensity is 40% less. The only preventive drugs that are left for me to try, are also anti-depressiva, and my doc is relucttend to try that (as am I still).

I did have rebound headaches cuz of the painkillers. That was also a reason for calling in sick months ago. However, since I was ready to kill myself because of the pain after 3 months of detox - I got leave to take migraine painkillers - and when that doe snot work - I take a combo including codeine. It is not at all a satisfactory solution so I will make a new appointment with the docter to talk of paintreatment.

Again, thank you all for the respones

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Viv,

Told Mrs Ozzie about your plight. She sends her love.

Ozzie

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((((((Viv))))))))))))))

I am so sorry you are in o much pain.

I know how it feels to be in constant pain, i am in a similar situation too. I have constant headaches, which the doctors are telling me are a migraine and a cluster headache at the same time, and found the painkillers were causing my ulcerative colitis to flair up. Its not nice. I hope there is something the docs can do to help you.

If you ever want to chat please feel free to PM me.

• DJK
    DJK

I don't know what most people do for migraines. I didn't know they could be so severe.

About the only thing I could suggest is humor. Humor is good medicine for emotional pain and it might be worth a try for a migraine. Rent a good comedy. If it's really good, all you have to lose is the migraine. Just a thought.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Glad to know you're feeling better, Viv. Have a better day tomorrow.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Vivamus!

So sorry to read about your migraine problem! I haven't read all of the answers to your thread but I will suggest what I did to treat my eldest daughter and son who also suffered very badly with migraines and this treatment has helped to STOP their migraines.

I give them calcium, magnesium and flax seed oil.

The calcium needs to be a 1000mg / per day

The magnesium needs to be at LEAST 600 mg / per day

The flax seed oil is given as 1 tablespoon three times a day for the first 12 weeks and then 1 tablespoon per day at a maintenance dose.

If you can get hold of chewable calcium and magnesium you may find this works a bit faster.

When I mentioned this to the children's doctor he agreed that this was the very best treatment for migraine as medicine was still not effective in preventing migraine yet these dietary supplements actually STOPPED migraines in their tracks.

I hope you might at least give this a go and see if it helps you at all! I can only vouch for the help my children received from this treatment!

I always keep chewable calcium and magnesium in the house no. Sometimes, if they have forgotten to taken the ca / mg for a while they start with migraines again. As soon as the blurry lights start they chew on the calcium and magnesium and take a pain killer. Within a few hours the problem is gone for them.

Please try it!

Best wishes in your efforts to rid yourself of this problem!

Gill X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit