I am having a bad day

by Vivamus 63 Replies latest watchtower medical

• compound complex
    compound complex

Condolences to you, Viva:

I know how horrible that pain can be - it is in your head, FOR REAL! I hope that you can get some relief, and fast.

Love,

CoCo

• BIG D
    BIG D

Big hugs from big d,

i can only add, that i experienced them although not like you, i found out i had high blood pressure, and am now on meds, i get 5 a year still.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi Vivamus! I'm with you on those migraines! Ooooh! They are a mother! My doctor said that I had occipital neuralgia and gave me injections in the back of my skull. It worked for a few weeks. I went back and told him to do it again! He said "No, it's too soon!" He gave me some Gabapentin and I broke out with the funkiest rash you've ever seen. The rash turned out to be Psoriasis (an autoimmune disorder). Anyway, I'm scheduled to have an MRI of my spine on Tuesday. I'm having this done because of the neck and lower back pain that I have been having. My doctors will not give me narcotic pain meds for the headaches or backaches. Hopefully, the MRI will give me and them the answers that are needed to treat whatever the hell is causing this pain!

Have you been to a pain clinic?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Viv

Take care and don't berate yourself because of the pain. My husband had mind blowing migraines for years. They would come on in traffic and he would develop double vision and have to pull over for 30 minutes just to get home.

Most, I believe developed due to stress, and also a family history of the problem. I could tell my husband when a migraine was coming on just based on the look of his eyes.

Have your eyes checked out which could be part of the problem, if you haven't already.

Take care.

r.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well finally after all day I can tell Odrade that it is no big deal! If there were one reason for any problem...then there would be a cure for a lot of things by now. Truly, it is all intertwined no matter how we get them (migraines). Once you have them anything sets then off.

The only reason I belched out my problem was it seems she had a breakdown. That is pretty hard to say.

To get mine under control..it is a lot of a 40 /60 mix I have been told. Right now 40 medication and 60 is working through it myself. But it will take a complete change in what I do as far as myself and for myself. Lifestyle and eating correct a lot. My therapist has done accupuncture and herbs and vitamins and is all about relaxation and meditation. De~stressing yourself.

BUT...for the short term and until I get to where I can control it...hell yeah she gave me meds and I will take them. It is not for forever...or maybe some are. But it is more like monitoring it and finding out what works for you and when it works for you. I really can't stand it when someone says, "Oh, you just had a nervous breakdown? Here take some vitamin C..." (Just kidding you all. thats an exaggeration) Basically, I am filling up my toolbox with better ways to handle things and in the meantime, giving my physical brain a rest.

And Viv. I noticed you said that:

but really I cannot break down in front of them and they really cannot understand how it hurts.

Tis true. People don't understand. I did not understood till I experienced this last year in life. I was quite the harsh one on people that were constantly in my mind critical of people that were off of work for migraines and things like that. I thought it was just free days off. Now, I have a lesson learned and a much needed one at that. I will be a much more understanding person after this last year. I am sure after this year and some that is coming even more so. WTH do I have to say to anyone?

People get uncomfortable around crazy. That is what I call it. They are afraid, maybe of loss or rejection. They are afraid they will become like the one hurting. It is depressing to be around. They are afraid they will be labeled by being around someone in this situation sometimes if in a work sitation. They are afraid they will not know how to help, or that they actually will have to help. Maybe they are a selfish person and they may have to face that if you break down in front of them. (anyhow) all anger comes from fear. It makes it uncomfortable. People are afraid of what they don't understand. They may have been part of what caused the stress that overtaxed the person in the first place. It is all fear.

It turns to anger. anger. Which in some people they throw it out as blame onto other people for the problem. And then yet others internalize it. (take all the blame) Either way...

The blame starts. Blaming yourself or others. Or they blame themself or you.. See?

If you blame yourself it turns to guilt and this comes across as looking like you don't care about yourself or have low self esteem...(so one tries to hide it.) Or I could see if they blame themself they would start to avoid a person such as me. ... perhaps out of guilt. And if you or they whoever is on whatever side of the situation is one that blames others blame others it all just jumps to hate.

Both the internalizer and the external blame person turn to hate. Either you are hating...because you have held it in for so long. Hating yourself...thinking you caused it, or hating on others because you think they caused it. (This really can apply to a lot of us and the WTBT society)

And the last step to this madness is GET EVEN.

So I guess I rambled...But That is where the stress and anxiety and headaches eat us up. If we never stop the cycle anywhere in this madness, we are going to make ourselves sick.

The only way out of all of it is Forgiveness.

So that is one of the first things I was given to wrap my mind around. Sometimes it is hard to do, but so far in any situation I can think of. It has fit. If I think really hard. It fits. If I am angry. It is out of fear. And so do all the steps that follow. And if I stopped it...It was because I forgave and let it truly go. Either forgave myself or others. So now, I am learning a lot of tools I need starting with this one. in order to let stress go. How to forgive people I thought should have been there for me more. How to forgive myself for not getting help sooner and getting a look into my personality and seeing that WOW it is completely written in books that a person like me would naturally NOT go get help until they had migraines and hair started falling out and lives were messed up and at wits end. LOL Go figure..

I don't know it all.

And probably if you lasted to this point...you have one of the tougher minds. I would dare to say you are probably an overachiever, perfectionist, like your independence, successful and usually have it all together. And push yourself pretty hard and cannot believe you are in this mess....

Its OK hon.. Its ok. You are going to be just fine.

And I am going to be just fine. I keep telling myself that. And you keep telling yourself that.

It is all good.

Breath in, Breath out and peace be upon you!

And as a disclaimer (of course) ...If I am way off. Forget I said anything...

• prophecor
    prophecor

I wish you didn't hurt, Viv. Try and get some sleep. Let us know how you are tomorrow.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

i'd really try the food allergy thing. my sister is allergic to msg (monosodium glutamate) and when she eats it, even accidentally, a non curable migrain always follows. it is in all salty and fake cheese products (soup, cheese it crackers, all chinese food, crackers, pizza, some regular cheese, ext, its everywhere, research it) you could try going all organic for a week and see how you feel. DONT GIVE UP! your body uses pain as a signal something is wrong, just try to listen, and don't give up hope. My little girl was allergic to thigns I'd eat in my diet when I was nursing and she would cry and cry and scream (colic) but after i went organic and slowly added things back in, BINGO! all cured.... some people's bodies are just extra sensitive, be grateful to God you have such a responsive body!!

Brooke

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

maybe i skimmed too quick, but did anyone mention rebound headaches? I'd really look into it. If your taking the meds daily its a good possibility. if you get the headaches every day no matter what, why not try a "detox" off the meds (unless their narcotic, then just cut back in case your dependant, you don't want a withdrawl headache)

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

(((((((Viv)))))). I am so sorry for your pain.

• wednesday
    wednesday

viv

probably a lame question but has anyone tried imitrex, either pills or nasal spray? both work very well for me. Or Zomig tablets? I have had migraines that lasted days. mine are most often related to hormones. Have they done a MRI? I hope they are treating your right just sending you off to a therapist to just "deal" with the pain.

I will send you a pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit