I am having a bad day

by Vivamus 63 Replies latest watchtower medical

• faundy
    faundy

I think you should do exactly that- no offense but looking at a computer screen can't be good.

Get well soon.

Faundy. x

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

So I could be wrong...but I know my migraines are stress. they are constant and have worsened the stronger stress has been applied. They are constant and I have a whole life of repression and PTSD crap I have never let out. I thought i had it under control, but in even one therapy session I cried so hard I could not stop. I thought I would go in and sit and observe. That I would have time off from work and rest. That I truly was ok, for I have talked about what I can remember open and freely and what I cannot talk about because I cannot remember shit cannot hurt me.

WRONG. The things I am learning truly make sense if you are willing to actually listen. let your guard down and be really honest with oneself. It is like breaking down myself completely and building myself back up and it truly just from this little bit is working. I feel small changes.

This therapist does not sit and blow sunshine up my ass all day. She is blunt and frank and tells it like it is. Where and how I got here. How I have and can again do as I have done get to a functioning state. But if I want it GONE...I need to go back and get it out. And that is what I have committed to do. And it feels GOOD. Really good.

I am scared to death to find out what I don't know. What if I do remember. But I am tired of nightmares. Being timid, a peacemaker to my own detrement. I am really tired of ignoring myself and putting others first. I am tired of HAVING this need to do everything so GD right and being able to say I am ok with admitting I am wrong, but inside not really being ok with it. All the stuff you don't say outloud to people.

You know.

So I am breaking it down. As long as it takes. My family needs it. My life needs it and as I see how my family as much as I thought we had it together with just small problems, I can see painfully my flaws, and it is so hard to do...and I am forgiving myself and fixing to the best of my ability from here forward. I think it is better to do it now, instead of denying it and letting these migraines go on forever. Lose my job, my kids possibly because I am depressed, shange our life around because I did not approach my health. So I am doing it.

I can't say your problem is mine...But sometimes there is truth to it..

• Odrade
    Odrade

Sorry Sparky, I should not have made such a dogmatic statement about migraines and emotion. I was speaking out of my own experience, which is that I had a physiological problem that was causing constant pain, but could not be read on a test. Several healthcare providers told me to see a psychologist, not to help me deal, but because they were saying that my headaches were because I was mentally ill or unstable.

I am aware that PTSD, emotional trauma, constant stress can be the cause of migraine, but I think that some medical providers may be too quick to latch onto that "cause" just because they can't find a "reason" that shows up on a lab test.

I apologize for suggesting that emotional stress is bullshit, or not a real reason for migraine. I truly hope that things ease for you and anyone who suffers this. Regardless of the reason for the migraines, nobody should have to deal with that much pain.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I typically scoff at "herbal remedies" but a coworker of mine, who has had severe migraines most of her life, recently dropped her prescription meds and started using an herbal remedy. She swears it is working.

Since your conventional medications are not working then there is no harm in trying something alternative. I'll chat with her next week and find out what she is using.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Viv-

May all good things happen to you in the future! I tried acupuncture and it worked; long baths and meditation have helped as well. The future will be brighter than the past or present. Find a comfortable place and relax.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Viv-

A comedy often helps me, as well.

• *summer*
    *summer*

(((Vivamus)))

Don't be too hard on yourself for being angry and ungrateful right now. It is part of having a bad day. You must acknowledge your feelings instead of wishing they would not exist in the first place.

Personally, I am not big on traditional medicine. I find the cure is often more painful than the disease itself.

I much prefer natural and herbal remedies. Meditation works wonders. Not to mention a hot bath with essences of lavendar. A cup of hot chamomille tea with a touch of honey.

Be gentle to your body...

• seawolf
    seawolf

You have a PM.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Viv

This is just a quickie, because I haven't the energy to say much more, but I can tell you that I have a headache almost everyday... some days, I cant lift my head, mostly it is just a constant nagging pain. My husband jokes and says "tell me when you dont have a headache rather". What you are going through sounds terrible and really do sympathise with you and I hope that things get better!

Love

Boo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit