How much does a housewife cost?

by LtCmd.Lore 50 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

I know flipper. I wish my husband would write those things, like you did. I don't think he could type what you did, if I had a iron skillet to his head. I have been a pretty worthless wife for the last 2 and 1/2 months. But, monday morning, that will all change!!!!! Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Consider this:

You can decide for yourselves.

A wife who has raised two sons, had a husband who has worked his hind end off....of course he helped with the boys, and I helped with his business

Household chores of course were handled by me, and still are..

Can any one apply a dollar amount to the value of either one of us...I doubt it...at this time in our lives we understand each other, support each other without question, and love each other to no end.

We have been married for almost 30 years...

May our history be an inspiration to anyone who is considering marriage. It has not always been easy, but despite our problems, we love each other!

r.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

My wife is like a fine Picasso painting - Her value is immeasurable.

She works in the business with me, takes care of the house, our son, she has expensive taste but very rarely does she indulge her taste and half the time she does, she returns it within a week.

Loruhamahs Husband.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have several friends that do not help much with housework even though thier wives also work. My wife and I split all the chores in half since we both work. Although my wife has banned me from doing any type of laundry for some reason.

Women still live two years longer then men on average in the US. Most likely because a vast majority of men still work in the most dangerous jobs.

The 10 most dangerous jobs in the US.

Occupation Fatalities per 100,000

Timber cutters 117.8

Fishers 71.1

Pilots and navigators 69.8

Structural metal workers 58.2

Drivers-sales workers 37.9

Roofers 37

Electrical power installers 32.5

Farm occupations 28

Construction laborers 27.7

Truck drivers 25

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics; survey of occupations with minimum 30 fatalities and 45,000 workers in 2002

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm a stay-at-home dad. I take care of the kid and cook, clean etc. (though the wife does clean behind me)

I can also rebuild the transfer case in my 4X4. I am currently putting in a new timing set in the 4.3. I put a new hardwood floor in our house (1000st.ft).

How much am I worth?

Bryan

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I paid my husband to say that ;o)

Sheri

• restrangled
    restrangled

Bryan.....to answer your question about how much you are worth?

If you laid a hard wood floor, and are taking care of one of the tikesters....I would say YOU'RE priceless!

r.

• Ancient One
    Ancient One
    Assuming you are the working man who makes the money, and the wife stays at home and takes care of the house and cooks and does laundry and all that stuff.

Yup, I would take one under those conditions.

• Gill
    Gill

Well, I used to work full time with two children until two more came along..... and then another one. Then I began working as a house wife and worked 24 hours a day! I do some self employed work when time permits so basically, my husband has it made!!!

My husband knows he can't 'afford' me! I'm bloody expensive and take absolutely everything from him and give him absolutely everything humanly possible back, so I guess we're pretty even.

If he had to replace me, he would require a childminder, nurse, cook, cleaner, instant source of information and advice about absolutely everything, etc.....basically too expensive for any one to afford. At the same time, he has a constant glamourous lady to keep him happy, comfortable and wanting for nothing. No wonder he hands over his pay slip with a smile!

But in the end, non of it is about money! When I worked full time and supported him I never thought twice about the money and I notice that he returns the compliment!

Some things are far more than money can ever measure. To mention money just cheapens the whole deal.....because money does not even enter into the calculation.

In the end, non of us actually own anything at all, we just possess them for a short while. But love is immeasureable and that is something that lasts forever!

Once you start measuring a relationship in terms of money......well, you've already lost the plot!!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Um, I married a man not a house! I'm a woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, niece and friend but not a housewife!

nj

Edited: I don't need a man to take care of me, I can do that all by myself. It makes life (for me) much more enjoyable to have the hubby around, but if he were to disappear today I'd miss him terribly but financially I'd be just fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit