How much does a housewife cost?

by LtCmd.Lore 50 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Don't take this the wrong way, this is purely out of curiousity.

Assuming you are the working man who makes the money, and the wife stays at home and takes care of the house and cooks and does laundry and all that stuff.

NO CHILDREN!

How much would it cost to HIRE someone(s) to do all those things instead? (Please don't include prostitutes in the calculations...)

Next question: How much DOES it cost to have a housewife? Taking into account all the dates, and movies and eating at fancy restaurant. The the wedding, anniversary presents, birthday presents, holiday presents, her clothes, her hobbies, her food and whatever else you can think of.

Emotional costs don't count.

alt

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Tree fiddy!

SacrificialLoon of the still single class. ;)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My husband says it's in the millions. Funny, ha, ha. He hasn't even gotten me my boob job yet.

momz

• horrible life
    horrible life

Damn, that is a tough question. I am thinking, that a working person, could not be on the clock 24/7. So you would have to hire at least 3 women, who could at least switch every 8 hours, but that would have them working 7 days a week still, and 56 hours each. But then, you would have to pay over-time for 16 hours each, for the 3.

I would go ahead, and hire a 4th. That over-time, would eat you up. And not giving a day off, could make for some dangerous situations, especially around "that" time of the month, if you know what I mean.

I would figure, at least $10.00 an hour, but you will have to pay taxes, workers comp. and Social Security. Unless, you hire an illegal alien.

Good points though, with a hire,

If they nag you, they can just hit the door. No alimony.
    If they fail to perform their job duties, they are outta here.
    You can demand that certain duties be done, in the way you want them. Without risking an iron frying pan to your head, in the middle of the night.
    Lunch is on their own. My boss doesn't feed me.

I do think a wife would be cheaper, even though you do have the extras, of food clothes, etc. But the nagging, how much is NOT hearing that worth? You just can't put a price tag on peace of mind.

But the biggest problem, with a wife, that I see, is that, you can't be guaranteed of any work out of her what-so-ever. They could be like me. I crawl out of bed, around 10:30 am. Go downstairs, and expect to eat my maple cinnamon roll, that my husband bought for me fresh, before going to work. I get on the computer, for 2 hours, doing nothing constructive, usually take a shower, after Oprah. Get back on computer, and ask my husband what is for dinner.

So, I ask YOU. Would you rather pay, and get things done right, or take your chances, and get a wife like me?? Scary, isn't it??

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I am thinking, that a working person, could not be on the clock 24/7. So you would have to hire at least 3 women, who could at least switch every 8 hours, but that would have them working 7 days a week still, and 56 hours each. But then, you would have to pay over-time for 16 hours each, for the 3.

Well no, a real wife wouldn't be awake 24/7 so you wouldn't need to hire someone for that time. Let's assume that your wife is awake the same amount of time you are. You would only need to hire someone for the amount of time you're awake.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Whatever it is, it's more than I make.

Hastily editing to add: And way wayyyyy less than she's worth!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    You would only need to hire someone for the amount of time you're awake.

Or would you?? Do you really need someone looking after you every waking hour??

If you are just looking for cooking and cleaning and maybe a little grocery shopping, you could probably get by with someone working 8-12 hours per week - if you don't mind eating leftovers or cooking a few of your own meals.

-Aude.

• horrible life
    horrible life

If you only need someone while you are awake, you still really need at least 3 women. I think.

6:30 wake
    11:00 bed. This still leaves 115.5 hours a week. or 16.5 hours a day.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have to have days off. so 3 would be appropriate.

You would only need to hire someone for the amount of time you're awake.

You are not thinking of some important items. A good wife, would rise before you, and have the coffee waiting in the bathroom, before your shower. Also, she would stay up late, and iron your shirt for work tomorrow, and straighten the house before she retires for the night.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A wife costs exactly 50% of all of his assets plus alimony and child support.

w = (1/2 * i) + a +c

w = Wife

a = Alimony

c = Child support

i = All of the man's assets

• horrible life
    horrible life

Elsewhere, and thats after you feed and clothe her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit