How much does a housewife cost?

by LtCmd.Lore 50 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

How much does a 50% financially contributing wife cost who is a housewife only when she's home?

• jgnat
  • BrentR
    BrentR

I am very fortunate to have a wife that does not look at her position in life from a monetary stand point. Every time my wife see's a news report about supposed "housewife" comparable salary she gets pissed and posses the same questions I posted above. It would be too un-PC to ever run a news story about "housedad's" comparable worth.

If anyone looks at life/marriage that way they have more serious problems to deal with then pay.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    I am very fortunate to have a wife that does not look at her position in life from a monetary stand point. Every time my wife see's a news report about supposed "housewife" comparable salary she gets pissed and posses the same questions I posted above. It would be too un-PC to ever run a news story about "housedad's" comparable worth.

If anyone looks at life/marriage that way they have more serious problems to deal with then pay.

amen, same here.

I'm just pissed off for the ones that get the short end of the stick.

A very good friend of mine is in a divorce:

he had the house, and 2 cars fully paid off. he owed nothing to the bank for his business.

his wife squandered $100k in gambling debt, they are now getting a divorce. He's living in a basement apt untill all is divided. in the meantime she's living free in HIS house with the kid. she gets alimony, child support, and will get 1/2 of the assets.

legally speaking, he CANNOT mention in divorce court the debt (in other words it WILL NOT get deducted from her half).

He can't wait to be free!

• flipper
    flipper

A housewife is worth a lot more than most of us men give them credit for, believe me ! And you can't even calculate the cost - because in real love the cost doesn't matter ! And yes, you need to include the emotions- it's part of the deal here. It's like the mastercard commercial you see- priceless ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    A housewife is worth a lot more than most of us men give them credit for, believe me ! And you can't even calculate the cost - because in real love the cost doesn't matter ! And yes, you need to include the emotions- it's part of the deal here. It's like the mastercard commercial you see- priceless ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

My whole point is: marriage is a 2 way street.

I hope the other gender thinks the husband is priceless too!

• horrible life
    horrible life

BrentR

Flipper

SOS I understand. Gotcha Good Luck

• DJK
    DJK

SOS I understand. Gotcha Good Luck

I'm getting slower everyday. I just now got it. LOL

• horrible life
    horrible life

DJK LOL LOL LOL LOL I had forgotten about that!!! I thought when I wrote it, I would go back and leave the translation for SOS. But I had forgotten!!!!! Can you tell that I have a 16 year old? LOL Thanks DJK very perceptive!

SOS means Spouse Over Shoulder

POS means Parent Over Shoulder as in watching and reading the computer. LOL

• flipper
    flipper

HORRIBLE LIFE- Hey girl, my wife was not over my shoulder when I wrote that post. I meant every word I wrote . Just want you to know that . When I write something, I mean it . It's real . Not because someone is making me write it because she is sitting there. I'd write the same thing with her there or not . We really do have a great relationship ! Just want you to know that ! Peace to you sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit