"Mind" Blowing Article on Watchtower Indoctrination! MUST READ!

by What-A-Coincidence 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hubert
    hubert

If anyone knows how to get this info to Kerry Louderback-Wood, this may be helpful to her.

Hubert

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thank you for these peices.

I wish I could know what to do to conteract it for my daughter. Is there any kind of research on giving people their minds back?

• poppers
    poppers

Interesting stuff - it would explain a lot, if not most, of the dynamics of getting sucked in and trapped.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

marking

THANK YOU

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

this thread should be a sticky in "best-of"

~Hill

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No wonder that less than 1 in a thousand people that leave and become inactive for at least 5 years or learn the real truth behind the scene ever return to becoming active witlesses. All you need is to throw a few missed meetings into the picture, and the hypnotic suggestions begin to run into interference from real world experiences. And then the person will start doing rational cost/benefit analyses for themselves, and then you have an apostate.

• Tara
    Tara

This is true about the hypnosis techniques used at meetings and I have also read that it applies to the bible study format as well.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

If you think about how long it takes to deprogram yourself once you leave, it makes sence!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, it is interesting to explore the potential use of hypnosis by JWs (whether intentional or not). They certainly use many of the other techniques used by cults for controlling people.

However, based on this guy's website, he looks looks pretty nutty himself. I'm not sure that I would want to fall into his hands any more than the Witnesses.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Excellent article WAC! If I had a million dollars, (channelling the barenaked ladies here), I'd kidnap my parents to a remote desert island for a couple months, no watchtower rags, bible's, nothing and then show them that article in the hopes, the brainwashing had stopped kicking in. That would be cool, yeah I know, not going to happen, but I can dream right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit