"Mind" Blowing Article on Watchtower Indoctrination! MUST READ!

by What-A-Coincidence 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Folks, Noel Batten is a wackadoo and con artist. A medical quack devoid of any credentials whatsoever.

I would like to add (for those who like to grab at articles like this and run with them) that he does not make any references at all to historical apocalyptic religious movements and their behaviors. Much of the Watchtowers history follows certain models of behavior that can found in many other forms. There is a science to it.

Additionally, some of the "shocking" things this guy is saying are mostly common sense conclusions that anybody looking objectively at the group would find.

Not much substance IMO.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

to all the critical ones regarding this article ... I'll remember to send it your way for debunking before I post. you guys ARE correct in many ways but you come across very rude as saying "how can you believe this stupid". sorry for not being highly intelligent as some of you. that is why some are scared to post/reply. imo

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I know that I've got a lot of residual brainwashing left because I still follow some of their rules. Like not saying hello to one of them when I see one out and about, getting over the "eating blood" part. . .my brain just locked. . .wonder why?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    One of the above posts stated that one of the signs of true mind control cult power over it's members is that the members would willingly commit suicide if asked to.I'm sorry, but there is NO WAY IN HELL that even a small minority of even the hardest-core witnesses would commit suicide for the 'Society". Maybe...MAYBE, a few of the real disturbed ones would follow through with it, but come on now?I mean in a "Jim Jones Guyana tragedy" kind of suicideI don't know if that disqualifies the WTS from being a cult or not, but does anybody honestly believe that the WTS would ever ask it's members to kill themselves??? Wait a second, would the blood transfusion thing qualify?-Integ.

Yes, of course. Refusing blood is commiting suicide. Watching your baby die right in front of you because you won't let Drs give blood is murder. The WTS asks them to do this every day!

• seven006
    seven006

WAC,

Don’t take it personal. You thought you found something that some may find interesting on this DB and you shared it. As far as I can see you did nothing wrong or stupid.

Con artist are not always easy to spot. They all come as wolves in sheep’s clothing, That’s their MO. This guy as well as the cult/minority religion he is trying to make a few bucks off of are exactly the same. They are both totally full of shit for a profit.

I don’t think those who “may” ridicule or ask “how could YOU believe” are specify directing that sentiment exclusively to you. I think it is just one of those cob web memory things that they may think they are directing to you but in reality and subconsciously they are directing to themselves. How could “I” ever have believed”? They will first beat themselves up over the years they spent believing bullshit before they will ever beat you up over it.

I think you did a good job posting this information and most did a good job dissecting and discussing it. That’s what we are all on this DB for. You did good.

Auld,

I’m doing better this month. Thanks for asking. How are you doing? How’s Steve?

Take care,

Dave

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Self-perpetuating cult that carries on generationally . . . sheesh!

No wonder my kids are speechless.

ESTEE

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Dave: I’m doing better this month. Thanks for asking. How are you doing? How’s Steve?

I figured, since you are posting some. Good to hear! I hope you have more of these type months than you do the other type.

I'm doing just fine. I love my job, my wife, and my life. What more can a human reasonably ask, eh? Steve was doing well the last time I heard from him. It has been a while since he contacted me, he was in Utah at the time. I'm pretty sure he's NOT becoming a Mormon, though.

Very good news about you having a good month.

Respectfully,
    Brandon

• davegod
    davegod
    WAC,

Don’t take it personal. You thought you found something that some may find interesting on this DB and you shared it. As far as I can see you did nothing wrong or stupid.

Con artist are not always easy to spot. They all come as wolves in sheep’s clothing, That’s their MO. This guy as well as the cult/minority religion he is trying to make a few bucks off of are exactly the same. They are both totally full of shit for a profit.

I don’t think those who “may” ridicule or ask “how could YOU believe” are specify directing that sentiment exclusively to you. I think it is just one of those cob web memory things that they may think they are directing to you but in reality and subconsciously they are directing to themselves. How could “I” ever have believed”? They will first beat themselves up over the years they spent believing bullshit before they will ever beat you up over it.

I think you did a good job posting this information and most did a good job dissecting and discussing it. That’s what we are all on this DB for. You did good.

Auld,

I’m doing better this month. Thanks for asking. How are you doing? How’s Steve?

Take care,

Dave

Wise man, excellant post. I often laugh how wise the posters become as the thread advances. For some unknown reason the all knowing never post at the beginning of one of these;)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm not impressed. He makes some big claims that he doesn't bother to verify (Rutherford studying hypnotism, et cetera).

Noel lost me at the eye-roll inducing "body that lost 21 grams at death" claptrap.

• JebusSaves
    JebusSaves

Newbie here (former regular and special pioneer, MS, Elder (Public talks, WT Conductor, Book Study Conductor, Assembly talk giver, Liaison member), now bad boy Apostate – I wear this title with a huge-smile) , Moshe, I agree with you! I expected those leaving to be in agony and pain (strange how I had no problem with this wish, but that’s a topic for another posting). But they actually seemed happy and they slept on the weekends (I really hated them for that - Homer Simpson snarl). I’d wonder how and when Hoba would get them and when he didn’t (5, 10, 15 years passed) I began to question what I was being told and teaching. Something strange is at work in this organization, however, this article doesn’t have the ring-of-toof about it and I’d really question the credentials of this guy. Its fits our vision too perfectly and says all the right things…that is very strange to me. Anyway, I’m thinking about starting (sure its been done before) the ‘Elder-perp walk’ tell the mean and horrible things done in the name of theocracy. I can tell you I’ve done some horrible things under the guise of righteous indignation (I had a really great teacher – a real Society man he is).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit